• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

This week I was able to purchase three books that are back from CGC and tomorrow I will see the grade on Uncle Scrooge 179 that is in express graded status at CGC. I expect 9.4 which is great for a Whitman 1980 rare high grade comic such as this.The three books that I bought just back are Popeye 158 Whitman rare at 9.6 HIGHEST GRADE. the second highest to this book is 9.2 and not many are extant at this time. The second rare Whitman that I bought is Tom and Jerry 331 CGC 9.6 ,and the third is Beep Beep Roadruner 93 CGC 9.4 I am lucky to find these books for upgrades in my set. I will be selling the lower than this grades that are currently in my set.at this addy:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=14777

Check out my Black Hole four 9.8 CGC while you are there !

I have 64 whitmans in verrified status at CGC. These are high grade books to complete my set with and also up grades. I expect to see the grades for the books in 6 weeks. Don't you just love the wait!!!!

Yay! PICS, Bonnie!

My first submission finally came back from CGC...

photo_1_%281%29.JPG

photo_2_%281%29.JPG

photo_3.JPG

Sorry about the quality of the pictures... I'll take better one's tomorrow but I guess my question since this is the first time I have owned a signature series comic is why is it in a slab that is about three inches to big... I can't even fit it in my CGC graded short box. Is this normal for the signature series?

My first submission finally came back from CGC...

photo_1_%281%29.JPG

photo_2_%281%29.JPG

photo_3.JPG

Sorry about the quality of the pictures... I'll take better one's tomorrow but I guess my question since this is the first time I have owned a signature series comic is why is it in a slab that is about three inches to big... I can't even fit it in my CGC graded short box. Is this normal for the signature series?

I was going to ask the same question. My CGC SS slabs are usually the size of regular CGC books unless it is a larger or thicker book. Strange!

I just got these back from CGC today and I'm so happy with the results; added Conway, Romita Sr, Larsen, and Bagley to my list of Spiderman collaborators. I think I may be done with this little project of mine.

My total list includes: Ramos, Wein, Delgado, DeMattieis, Slott, Waid, Stan Lee, Olazaba, Nauck, Peter David, Lim, McKone, Wolfman, Romita Sr, Romita Jr, Quesada, Janson, Michelinie, McFarlane, Conway, Larsen, and Bagley.

f536edb9-e2c5-468f-8a45-0db8120e17ec_zps59d2e776.jpg

I just got these back from CGC today and I'm so happy with the results; added Conway, Romita Sr, Larsen, and Bagley to my list of Spiderman collaborators. I think I may be done with this little project of mine.

My total list includes: Ramos, Wein, Delgado, DeMattieis, Slott, Waid, Stan Lee, Olazaba, Nauck, Peter David, Lim, McKone, Wolfman, Romita Sr, Romita Jr, Quesada, Janson, Michelinie, McFarlane, Conway, Larsen, and Bagley.

Amazing!

Holy ! How much would those go for if you were to sell them…I'm not buying, I'm just really curious.