• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

2013 (3) $6,600Hi $5,211Lo

Nov-16-2013 $5,211 Cert# 0093531001

Sep-28-2013 $6,600 Cert# 0071501001

Feb-21-2013 $5,378 Cert# 0917467004

My sig adds so much pop to the boards lol Actually, I was planning on shrinking down it this weekend. It bothers me to.

I turn sigs off, I find it distracting too lol

Then how do you know to find me books I need!

:idea:

I have one foot in and one foot out into being back into this exclusive club.. I hope it turns out well :pullhair:

Waiting to receive book?

Nope.. Basically I hit a buy it now for a Showcase 4 at a reputable website and paid right away. After a few days, I was told that the consignor was on vacation and that he would ship the book out within a month's time. So I waited a month, and passed on a few opportunities to buy a copy because I was confident that I will have it. It's been about a month now and emailed the dealer asking em to follow up on the book and ask the consignor when he/she will ship the book. Got an email today that after repeated emails and calls, the consignor has not responded to them and I was asked if I wanted my $ back.. How do you think I felt after hearing that... And so, I emailed them back and told them to wait for a response from the consignor and I told them how upset I was... I guess it's a waiting game now to see if I will actually own the book or not.

I have one foot in and one foot out into being back into this exclusive club.. I hope it turns out well :pullhair:

Waiting to receive book?

Nope.. Basically I hit a buy it now for a Showcase 4 at a reputable website and paid right away. After a few days, I was told that the consignor was on vacation and that he would ship the book out within a month's time. So I waited a month, and passed on a few opportunities to buy a copy because I was confident that I will have it. It's been about a month now and emailed the dealer asking em to follow up on the book and ask the consignor when he/she will ship the book. Got an email today that after repeated emails and calls, the consignor has not responded to them and I was asked if I wanted my $ back.. How do you think I felt after hearing that... And so, I emailed them back and told them to wait for a response from the consignor and I told them how upset I was... I guess it's a waiting game now to see if I will actually own the book or not.

That is rough. Hopefully works out for you :wishluck:

Thanks man! Yeah very rough actually.. I've never had this experience before. Did the buy it now, sent payment, waited, was told that I will expect to receive the book in a month's time, passed on other copies that were available, then now no response back from consignor..

Thanks man! Yeah very rough actually.. I've never had this experience before. Did the buy it now, sent payment, waited, was told that I will expect to receive the book in a month's time, passed on other copies that were available, then now no response back from consignor..

I would hope that dealer would never accept consignment from them again and hopefully pass that information onto other dealers.

I would hope that dealer would never accept consignment from them again and hopefully pass that information onto other dealers.

Yeah (thumbs u

I had a similar experience with an eBay seller a long time ago, the book wasn't coming from a missing consigner but it eventually materialized. Maybe the guy has an emergency or family matters and eventually they will resurface. The problem is how long do you wait.

I had a similar experience with an eBay seller a long time ago, the book wasn't coming from a missing consigner but it eventually materialized. Maybe the guy has an emergency or family matters and eventually they will resurface. The problem is how long do you wait.

I told the dealer that I am willing to wait another week or so just so they can get a response from the consignor. Maybe the consignor had a change of heart and now doesn't want to sell.. That's what I'm thinking. I hope to get a definite answer soon :wishluck: Just sucks that I had to pass on 2 other copies that were available for sale :frustrated:

That's no good Brian. During that month of time, the book has risen in value and the simplest explanation is cold feet on the part of the seller. If you don't get the book, the parties should be outed (just my $0.02)

That's no good Brian. During that month of time, the book has risen in value and the simplest explanation is cold feet on the part of the seller. If you don't get the book, the parties should be outed (just my $0.02)

It was tough to swallow, but I'm still keeping my fingers :wishluck: that the consignor would the right thing and sell to me since legally it is a binding contract.. I don't think I want to out the dealer as I have always had good relations with them. Not there fault if they've tried emailing and calling the consignor and since have not had any response back. Yes, I bought it for a good deal, so maybe the consignor regretted it was priced too low? Unless of course the dealer bought it for themselves, which would be funny if they did lol

From what I can tell from those photos, It does has a bit of gloss, and appears to lay flat, but I agree it's a lot of money for a book that also has a lot of yellowing around the edges inside the covers and that "chad" looks fairly large. That's a lot of bread to spend on eBay for a book you can't hold in hand. But maybe there was additional behind the scenes communications.

+1 (shrug)