• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This guy is something else. I guess he meant he would not post under Symbiotic not under a different name. How long new until sales thread?

This is two strikes ( not board strikes ) in a relatively short time. haven't we learned our lesson with this guy? (shrug)

I think its more than 2, I think the last time there was a few of us

He can change his name all he wants, I have him as a watched user so I know he's on my "bad" list. That little magnifying glass shows up no matter what his name is.

This is two strikes ( not board strikes ) in a relatively short time. haven't we learned our lesson with this guy? (shrug)

And one situation that never made it to the list. Gotta love when someone tells you they had to back out of a deal because they lost their job. Then you find out they just purchased an Amazing Fantasy 15 from another forumite.

:cloud9:

Symbi? lol Thought it was funny sorry.

Grading fees should not have to be removed. The grading was a "gift" by symbiotic to wolfpack because he sent the book into CGC AFTER wolfpack claimed and paid for the book. Symbi had a duty to care for the book and get it to wolfpack safely not to send it to CGC. So as you said, he owes wolfpack every cent made over $30 on the eBay sale.

I just want to say that I feel bad for ever pushing to give this guy a second chance.

Unbelievable.

Second chances are for those that mess up making an honest mistake. This was repeated, deliberate behavior. Hope he " exits stage left " permanently.

I agree...as long as his definition and our definition of "permanently" match.

It could be...like...10 days...like the last time he was taking a LONG break.

Oh, we're on the same wave length all right. We've disussed this many times around here about putting some rules in force but lots of boardies are against that. But this is what happens. This guy is bad news and has no regard for these boards, just his own agenda. He sure don't understand what this community stands for or what keeps it glued together. Most of us do.

The other part of this probem is that there are so many new people coming in here, most probably don't even know what the HOS or Probie lists are or where to find them, so the :takeit: posts fly. Now on the other hand when its someone that's been around here for a bit and has seen this type of krap before, they should know better, period. (shrug)

And one situation that never made it to the list. Gotta love when someone tells you they had to back out of a deal because they lost their job. Then you find out they just purchased an Amazing Fantasy 15 from another forumite.

Maybe he used his unemployment insurance to pay for it? :/

Yeah, as someone who will never sell here in a million years, but might buy occasionally, it's hard to really take this place seriously with all the shenanigans regarding policy.

HoS and PL? More like, oh no I am not popular anymore. There is no repercussions to being added to either list.

Banning is the only solution in my mind. And that cannot be determined by anyone but Mods and Admins.

Kinda hard to police yourself when you need intervention from higher authority....

hm

Sounds a bit like how the entire world is run eh?

Yeah, as someone who will never sell here in a million years, but might buy occasionally, it's hard to really take this place seriously with all the shenanigans regarding policy.

HoS and PL? More like, oh no I am not popular anymore. There is no repercussions to being added to either list.

Banning is the only solution in my mind. And that cannot be determined by anyone but Mods and Admins.

Kinda hard to police yourself when you need intervention from higher authority....

hm

These are not people who aren't "popular" anymore. That has nothing to do with it.

The PL list has to be the intermediary, but I agree - HoS members should be banned from the site.

-slym

Maybe he used his unemployment insurance to pay for it? :/

hm

My bad. He must have bought this for a family member. As that was the other reason given. He really was unemployed, but [insert fictitious relative here] really loves that book.

(:

hm

HoS & PL may not be an ideal solution, but I for one have definitely made choices not to buy from people on the list when otherwise I would have bought without a concern.

It may not make a major difference, but it is something and at least better than nothing.

I've got life issues. Can I nominate myself for the PL?

You can actually as it has happened before.

On that note, I would like to nominate Eric's (Hammerhead) removal from the PL.

I've ask him to weigh in on the subject since he self nominated, but as the offended party I'm comfortable in him coming off the list as he has faithfully been fulfilling his commitment to repay for a consistent stretch now and I would like him to be able to sell items to further the cause if he wishes.

Thanks Dave,

Yup, without going into a ton of details I lost my job shortly after me and Dave had a transaction. I was really down and out for awhile and just this year I started making weekly payments....well I am still out of work but my wife is helping me clear this debt. :sorry:

Prior to this I have had several successful transactions...sales and purchases and when funds/time allows I would like to be able to use the marketplace forums again.

Thanks Dave for being so generous and PATIENT with me, I will continue our planned payment schedule and get you payed off in no time.

Thanks again for getting me removed from the list and I fully understand if we come to a bump in the road that I can be put right back on.

Eric (HAMMERHEAD)

I've got life issues. Can I nominate myself for the PL?

You can actually as it has happened before.

On that note, I would like to nominate Eric's (Hammerhead) removal from the PL.

I've ask him to weigh in on the subject since he self nominated, but as the offended party I'm comfortable in him coming off the list as he has faithfully been fulfilling his commitment to repay for a consistent stretch now and I would like him to be able to sell items to further the cause if he wishes.

Thanks Dave,

Yup, without going into a ton of details I lost my job shortly after me and Dave had a transaction. I was really down and out for awhile and just this year I started making weekly payments....well I am still out of work but my wife is helping me clear this debt. :sorry:

Prior to this I have had several successful transactions...sales and purchases and when funds/time allows I would like to be able to use the marketplace forums again.

Thanks Dave for being so generous and PATIENT with me, I will continue our planned payment schedule and get you payed off in no time.

Thanks again for getting me removed from the list and I fully understand if we come to a bump in the road that I can be put right back on.

Eric (HAMMERHEAD)

Good job, Eric. I hope your situation starts to get better soon. :wishluck: