• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Whew! I got way behind watching the show, but had recorded them on DVR and finally got the chance to watch all episodes since late January, including yesterday's. I have also managed to NOT read this thread in that time, so here is my first post thoughts since last year.

All I can say is, "WOW". Beginning with the Clairvoyant storyline, this show has really hit a stride. Acting is much better, even the Fitz and Simmons characters are much better, which I didn't think would happen. Joss Whedon has worked his magic by slowly, almost painfully, building the characters and then before you know it, "Pow", you care about them and are vested in their stories. Really liked what Bill Paxton brought to the show.

I was a fan of the show from the start. To me it embodied what comics were in the 70's - action oriented and fun. ABC has spared no expense making it and it shows on the screen.

For any of you that wrote this show off in the first month or so, all I can say is find a way to watch it and get caught up. You will not be disappointed.

My take on the latest:

Ward is definitely Hydra and is not a ploy. He has killed the good guys and they are dead. They showed blood coming from Agent Hand for a reason - to show he was not using the stun bullets.

:takeit:

Edited by 40sJohn

We never actually see the "dead" bodies that Ward has "killed". Why is that?

Everyone he has supposedly killed, we just see an angle of the body that doesn't show any real confirmation. We see blood trickling away from the bodies, but not the bodies themselves. I'm not saying he didn't really kill them, but it does leave the door open for Marvel to come up with a plot that this is all a ruse.

They showed Koenig's body. There is no doubt about Ward. He is Hydra.

Whew! I got way behind watching the show, but had recorded them on DVR and finally got the chance to watch all episodes since late January, including yesterday's. I have also managed to NOT read this thread in that time, so here is my first post thoughts since last year.

All I can say is, "WOW". Beginning with the Clairvoyant storyline, this show has really hit a stride. Acting is much better, even the Fitz and Simmons characters are much better, which I didn't think would happen. Joss Whedon has worked his magic by slowly, almost painfully, building the characters and then before you know it, "Pow", you care about them and are vested in their stories. Really liked what Bill Paxton brought to the show.

I was a fan of the show from the start. To me it embodied what comics were in the 70's - action oriented and fun. ABC has spared no expense making it and it shows on the screen.

For any of you that wrote this show off in the first month or so, all I can say is find a way to watch it and get caught up. You will not be disappointed.

My take on the latest:

Ward is definitely Hydra and is not a ploy. He has killed the good guys and they are dead. They showed blood coming from Agent Hand for a reason - to show he was not using the stun bullets.

:takeit:

A universe full of advanced alien gizmos, but SHIELD can't put fake blood packets that explode when a blank bullet is fired, onto someone? hm I need to see the gaping wounds.

I think that freeing all of the world's worst superpowered criminals AND giving fancy equipment over to HYDRA would be going way too far to build a cover for Ward.

Everyone he has supposedly killed, we just see an angle of the body that doesn't show any real confirmation. We see blood trickling away from the bodies, but not the bodies themselves. I'm not saying he didn't really kill them, but it does leave the door open for Marvel to come up with a plot that this is all a ruse.

I don't know if you got to see more than me, but all I saw was a quick glimpse of his body through a grate. It was quick and it was dark showing nothing but a man lying still. No wounds. How can you say for sure he is not just unconscious?

I do believe he is Hydra also, but I think they can change the plot in the future by not really showing us the dead bodies now. I'd like to see one or two in the morgue on a slab or something with characters showing real grief over their deaths. The only two killings that really stand out are the two agents on the plane that he shot in the forehead. I saw a quick hole in one forehead, but even that could be faked if they really wanted to. Advanced science and gizmos. LMDs?

A universe full of advanced alien gizmos, but SHIELD can't put fake blood packets that explode when a blank bullet is fired, onto someone? hm I need to see the gaping wounds.

Alien gizmos are more believable than what you're proposing. Like Garrett is not going to notice on a multi-hour flight that the people Ward shot aren't actually dead. :screwy:

I don't know if you got to see more than me, but all I saw was a quick glimpse of his body through a grate. It was quick and it was dark showing nothing but a man lying still. No wounds. How can you say for sure he is not just unconscious?

I do believe he is Hydra also, but I think they can change the plot in the future by not really showing us the dead bodies now. I'd like to see one or two in the morgue on a slab or something with characters showing real grief over their deaths. The only two killings that really stand out are the two agents on the plane that he shot in the forehead. I saw a quick hole in one forehead, but even that could be faked if they really wanted to. Advanced science and gizmos. LMDs?

We're all jaded when it comes to TV character deaths, but as others have said, Ward has clearly stepped over the line with the deaths. It was the death of the 2 agents on the plane plus the shooting of Agent Hand that convinced me that Ward was for real in killing the good guys. Not sure how blood behind Ward's ear and the dripping blood from Koenig's body onto Skye doesn't convince you that he's dead or was left for dead. Ward was a plant by Hydra into Coulson's team and there is no way around it.

[

Alien gizmos are more believable than what you're proposing. Like Garrett is not going to notice on a multi-hour flight that the people Ward shot aren't actually dead. :screwy:

This and also what does Ward gain from pretending to kill Koenig? If he was still with SHIELD it would serve no purpose to pretend to kill him. Granted he could be lying, but in Cap 2 Fury admits to not even knowing about Hydra until the last minute. So how would he have time to set up a double agent?

I'm enjoying the show a lot now. I like how it's all tied to the movies and I hope it's renewed so it continues up to Avengers 2.

I think the network might give it a try to see how much push they can get leading up to Avengers 2 and how much they get after it.

At least that's my hope.

[

This and also what does Ward gain from pretending to kill Koenig? If he was still with SHIELD it would serve no purpose to pretend to kill him. Granted he could be lying, but in Cap 2 Fury admits to not even knowing about Hydra until the last minute. So how would he have time to set up a double agent?

I agree, I gave up my theories after Koenig was killed...unless Ward turns out to be his own evil twin brother...he's a bad guy...

He's better looking now, too;)

Ward is Hydra no doubt-- but it is still possible that Hand was simply unconscious and bleeding, His tracking badge was still working when Skye tried to track him down, When she took off her badge earlier in the show, she disappeared from his tracking screen-- so the badge is tied to a heartbeat or body temperature at the very least. Could be dead or alive-- window is still open in my book, Probably not a super important point though unless you want to see more Patton Oswald on the show -- which I wouldn't mind.

or do I have that tracking thing wrong?

I got a question So is "Blackout" the character used in the last episode the Ghost rider villain of the same name or someone different?

I believe the Ghost Rider villain was the second Blackout, while the guy who appeared on SHIELD was the first Blackout. He had some memorable appearances, most notably as part of the Masters of Evil during the Mansion Siege storyline in Avengers #273-277.

Marcus_Daniels.jpg

Everywhere I looked I expected someone to note that the Eric Koenig was probably the son or grandson of the original Eric Koenig from Sergeant Fury and the Howling Commandos. I'm kinda surprised that Triplett didn't pick up on that during Oswalt's first episode...seemed like the perfect spot for a subtle shout out to the comics.

An easy explanation of how he got into SHIELD to boot.

Did nobody else notice the name, or has it been written off as a coincidence?

That was easily one of the best hours of network TV I have ever seen. Two episodes left. I think they will end the season with no cliff hanger in case this doesn't get renewed.

Edited by stitchem05

Agent Koenig: You wash up on a deserted island alone. Sitting on the sand is a box. What is in that box?

Jemma Simmons: That's a hard one. Let me think. The Tardis :D

Honestly, I was watching tonight's episode, and that line flashed into my head, and I started chuckling.