• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

Top Cap covers for me are

All Select #1

Cap #28

All winners #12. Underappreciated Cap cover with him riding a Harley with a prisoner death camp in the background. (Look at my sig line!)

My 2 cents on the top 3 Cap covers (assuming my opinion is worth 2 cents!):

1. Captain America Comics #46

2 Captain America Comics #1

3. Captain Amercia Comics #16

Honorable Mention....USA Comics #11

One of my greatest collecting regrets Rick is not buying that beautiful Sig Series Cap Amecia #16 signed by Stan Lee and Joe Simon you had for sale. doh! To this day I still have nightmares!!!!

I like the early work by Simon and Kirby. Cap 9 is a personal favorite where the Black Talon is choking Bucky and painting the action simultaneously!

So hard to pick a favorite - too many covers to choose from. Both All-Select 1 & 2 are amazing. I like 1 a bit better. It's busy for sure but 2 - if this is even possible - is just too action packed for me :-)

I like the early work by Simon and Kirby. Cap 9 is a personal favorite where the Black Talon is choking Bucky and painting the action simultaneously!

So hard to pick a favorite - too many covers to choose from. Both All-Select 1 & 2 are amazing. I like 1 a bit better. It's busy for sure but 2 - if this is even possible - is just too action packed for me :-)

Go stand in the corner :makepoint:

Strictly from an artistic perspective, there can be too much stuff going on in a cover to fully appreciate the central characters. Schomburg was magnificent at producing action packed covers, but some occasionally veer off into being overly busy. That doesn't make me love 'em any less, but my personal faves feature the main characters as the center of interest, not lost in the action.

Of course, everyone's mileage varies. :foryou:

Strictly from an artistic perspective, there can be too much stuff going on in a cover to fully appreciate the central characters. Schomburg was magnificent at producing action packed covers, but some occasionally veer off into being overly busy. That doesn't make me love 'em any less, but my personal faves feature the main characters as the center of interest, not lost in the action.

So whats your "ask gator" question. :baiting:

What's your mileage? :grin:

platinum level :headbang:

platinum level :headbang:

You've been around that long? (I saw the conestoga wagon shot you posted over in General) (worship)

Hi gator, question re two books, action 23 and more fun 55, how do you see these books doing over the next few years? Same, less or more and by a little or a lot? Tia.

More fun 55 has always been a cool book. Dr fate's first cover (56) is a better book to me, but with his fa in 55, if he were to somehow become a featured dc character, both those books have potential

I used to stock action 23 deeply (3-5 copies at all times). It went into a period of flatness last few years but always has demand. Again, nothing really to ignite it at this point, just a cool early action ...I mean lex Luther has been done to death in movies , etc.