• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

added info and nice sale they are having

Batman: Arkham City wasn't listed on the sale page and I'm not a PS+ member, so I didn't even notice that it was being offered for free to them. doh!

Thanks for pointing it out.

no problem you should give it a try, i been a members since it started and loving it.
Love the PS+ subscription :grin:

Batman: Arkham City wasn't listed on the sale page and I'm not a PS+ member, so I didn't even notice that it was being offered for free to them. doh!

no problem you should give it a try, i been a members since it started and loving it.

Yup! I bought 5 of the 1 year membership cards over Black Friday for $30 each and now I'm set til 2018! :grin:

Yup! I bought 5 of the 1 year membership cards over Black Friday for $30 each and now I'm set til 2018! :grin:

Nice (thumbs u

Bought Dark Souls II, played for several hours, gave up.

Keep grinding away COI, make sure to trade in your smooth and silky stones to the crows. That gives you a random shot at weapon upgrade materials, which can be the difference between life and deaths (yes plural)

A question to all the die hard gamers. I have not gamed in like two months. After years of gaming every day for MANY hours each day. What the hell is going on with me? I played so many games that I feel when I play now....I am not impressed with whatever I am playing now and start to compare it to other games I have played and feel like it's been done many times.

How do I get back into gaming? ???

Unless you like shooters or sports games, it's tough as that's bascially what next-gen will be, due to the outlandish budgets.

I really miss the PS2 era, where you literally had every genre imaginable. So much choice, but unfortunately, we will never see its like again. :sorry:

A question to all the die hard gamers. I have not gamed in like two months. After years of gaming every day for MANY hours each day. What the hell is going on with me? I played so many games that I feel when I play now....I am not impressed with whatever I am playing now and start to compare it to other games I have played and feel like it's been done many times.

I got that way too. So i got myself an nes, a sega, a snes and an n64 and started replaying my faves from history as they were intended on original hardware with original controllers. :luhv:

Unless you like shooters or sports games, it's tough as that's bascially what next-gen will be, due to the outlandish budgets.

I really miss the PS2 era, where you literally had every genre imaginable. So much choice, but unfortunately, we will never see its like again. :sorry:

I don't play any sports games. Not a big sports fan. I have played almost all shooter games that were released on the Xbox 360. That's what I was a huge fan of for years. But like I said....I play new ones and they do not hold my attention and I am not gaming at all right now. I have the newer Batman game which I have not even put in yet. I LOVED the first two with the riddles and just the gameplay I thought was great. I have heard a few bad things about the newer one. Maybe trying that one will pull me back in. :popcorn: This kinda happened to me last year and Skyrim pulled me back in and I spent hours in that game.

I got that way too. So i got myself an nes, a sega, a snes and an n64 and started replaying my faves from history as they were intended on original hardware with original controllers. :luhv:

Those games never held me. I enjoyed them a bit....but never spend hours playing like I did with Xbox games.

Honestly it's probably just time for a break no?

Nothing's "wrong" with you for not wanting to play. It sounds like you were just playing too much if anything

Pursue some other interests. You'll come back to this later.

Same with me. I beat "The Last of Us" a few months ago, LOVED that, and ever since I've barely played anything except some old school Street Fighter 2 for 15 minute bursts here and there. I've barely touched my shiny new PS4 in months.

It happens. We're in that weird lull period shortly after a new console launch where there's a ton of stuff in the oven but nothing ready yet. Eventually something new will come along and pull you back in.

Keep grinding away COI, make sure to trade in your smooth and silky stones to the crows. That gives you a random shot at weapon upgrade materials, which can be the difference between life and deaths (yes plural)

I dunno man. That grinding style of game just doesn't appeal to me like it used to.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I find the hit detection on the game to be really out of whack. Bosses and even smaller enemies seem able to track your character, and the dodge just isn't as effective as it was in the first game. Did you find that at all, or do I just suck?

nothing is wrong with you it just time to take a break and relax try playing small games at any time until you get back into it. i would say this is the second time i'm taking a break from hardcore gaming but i'm still playing when ever i get a chance to.

No doubt.

The hardware is finally at a point where they can create huge games of any kind with incredible graphics...and what do they decide to do?

Create 500 additional shooters and sports games. doh!

The hardware is finally at a point where they can create huge games of any kind with incredible graphics...and what do they decide to do?

Create 500 additional shooters and sports games. doh!

Those are the only genres they can *afford* to produce. That and sequels.

Same with me. I beat "The Last of Us" a few months ago, LOVED that, and ever since I've barely played anything except some old school Street Fighter 2 for 15 minute bursts here and there. I've barely touched my shiny new PS4 in months.

It happens. We're in that weird lull period shortly after a new console launch where there's a ton of stuff in the oven but nothing ready yet. Eventually something new will come along and pull you back in.

Have you tried Infamous: Second Son? Plot sucks, but I loved the gameplay