• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Sometimes they give like 3 cents a comic. If you have a lot of bulk comics they give you a nice deal, I sold them some comics from the 90, s around 30 or so and made around 20$.

your friend threats you really well, sells you $100 books for $1.50, pays you $20 for books valued at $.90( $.03X30comics).

Not necessarily. Most HPB stores have a locked box in the comics section for more "valuable" comics. As to who or what determines what goes in there, and at what price, I am not sure.

For instance, the one by me has Wolverine Minis 2-4 for about $25 each; some old Crime-related comics; and a Secret Wars #8 that I picked for $10 with my credit.

There was also another post around the boards with a store stocking an ASM #50 for $300.

From what I have seen the only time HPB would put a book from the 90s or later in the locked box is if it was signed.

Yeah it was in their received stacks and i have a buddy that lets me pick through them and i saw it asked him what he wanted for it he just said pay me half of what the comic is worth, So paid $1.50 for a 9.0 preacher #1 not to shabby.

He is a friend who knows you are into comics, so you get preferential treatment, and he asked you to pay half of what it is worth when you found a $100 book in a pile...and you gave him $1.50...?

Seems a bit dishonest, IMO. Sounds like you are proud of the fact that you took advantage of him. Am I missing something here?

Half Price Books would have put the book out for sale for a dollar.

Not necessarily. Most HPB stores have a locked box in the comics section for more "valuable" comics. As to who or what determines what goes in there, and at what price, I am not sure.

For instance, the one by me has Wolverine Minis 2-4 for about $25 each; some old Crime-related comics; and a Secret Wars #8 that I picked for $10 with my credit.

There was also another post around the boards with a store stocking an ASM #50 for $300.

Our local Half Price Books store has the same kind of lockbox. Most of the comics in there are priced from $5 on up. Last fall I was shocked to find a bunch of Tales of Suspense and 1970s Justice League of America in that lock box in mid to high grade. And to make it even better I had a 50% off coupon at the time. :whee:

I kept the higher grade stuff for my own collection and sold the rest on eBay for about 3 times what I paid for them.

Vamplets is hot on day 1. Does anyone think the ashcan from Halloween will heat up too ?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vamplets&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

What's so special about this one compared to the series released last year?

This looks awesome btw:

0f717284-dc69-41a8-9578-3bc350f1f038_zps8b61c09e.png

lol

It does look fun. (thumbs u

I've got a few of these.

I think they have jimmy l's name all over them. lol

Definitiely reminds me of Jimmy. Good call (thumbs u

\

Had never heard of this series. Totally ordered 2 copies as I thought it had potential. Looked fun/MINISCULE print.

Vamplets is hot on day 1. Does anyone think the ashcan from Halloween will heat up too ?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vamplets&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

What's so special about this one compared to the series released last year?

This looks awesome btw:

0f717284-dc69-41a8-9578-3bc350f1f038_zps8b61c09e.png

lol

It does look fun. (thumbs u

I've got a few of these.

I think they have jimmy l's name all over them. lol

Definitiely reminds me of Jimmy. Good call (thumbs u

\

Had never heard of this series. Totally ordered 2 copies as I thought it had potential. Looked fun/MINISCULE print.

Since when do bears look like black people, I'm calling this one out... RACIST.

From what I have seen the only time HPB would put a book from the 90s or later in the locked box is if it was signed.

The ones here love all the shiny foil covers or older looking comics for their locked box. You really do find Preacher # 1 and Batman Adventures # 12 in their $ 1 bins.

"why should I care about Sonic being recalled?"

try to find this book

http://www.recalledcomics.com/ScoobyDooWhereAreYou7.php

There was somebody selling one on here a few months back. Less than $10 I think.

:golfclap:

Guide: $5 NM

(shrug)

Yeah I know it says Guide: $5 but it also says "find on ebay" where there no listings.

I was surprised to see that one copy sell on the boards. I've never seen a copy sell before that, this book has a very low print run. 9.8s are crazy - thats why I think this sonic book has potential.

Sonic Variant 259 Auction

It has started…and yet no one knows why it was recalled. I actually bought the reg and variant cover today at the comic shop (one one copy each…at cover) and briefly went through them for curiosity reasons. Only thing different between the two is Front Cover and the last page (which it says there are two different endings…one for the each cover). Have no idea what is up unless it's hidden or so obvious no one thinks it would be an issue on first look.

Tidbit: It's Ian Flynn's 100th issue with the Sonic series.

It has started…and yet no one knows why it was recalled. I actually bought the reg and variant cover today at the comic shop (one one copy each…at cover) and briefly went through them for curiosity reasons. Only thing different between the two is Front Cover and the last page (which it says there are two different endings…one for the each cover). Have no idea what is up unless it's hidden or so obvious no one thinks it would be an issue on first look.

You answered your own question there pal.

It was recalled because it had an add for a TPB of a Mature Readers Comic in it. The Regular Cover didn't have that add only the Subscription Variant had the Add. The publisher felt that an Add for a Mature Readers Comic didn't belong in a Kids Comic. Plus the Add for the Mature Readers Comic was out of date. The add was for a TPB that came out in 2011. This Variant also has a corrected version of it without the add.

If both of your books have the exact same contents inside than you have the corrected Variant not the Recalled Variant.

It's something very similar to the Scooby Doo Where are You!

#7 Advert Error.