• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What makes an A–Level PREACHER page?
2 2

413 posts in this topic

I don't really have a question about what makes an 'A' level Preacher page. I suppose that would depend on favourite characters, key moments in the storyline, 1st appearances, etc.

However, is there any truth to my hearing that pages from earlier issues are more desirable and command higher prices in general? If so, what is the reason for it? (shrug)

However, is there any truth to my hearing that pages from earlier issues are more desirable and command higher prices in general? If so, what is the reason for it? (shrug)

I would say:

1) the grittier art, more detailed art

2) those early moments and character introductions were memorable; especially so in a hobby driven by nostalgia

3) the story was still good. Preacher began it's downward spiral after issue 24. I never finished reading the series because it became uninteresting and meandering. Sure, there were some moments, Starr's devolution into a 6 foot was occasionally cute; Mr. Work-the-Meat-nazi was really odd; Some people thought the zoophilia character was quirky.

So, yeah, the standard reasons.

I would say:

2) those early moments and character introductions were memorable; especially so in a hobby driven by nostalgia

3) the story was still good. Preacher began it's downward spiral after issue 24. I never finished reading the series because it became uninteresting and meandering. Sure, there were some moments, Starr's devolution into a 6 foot was occasionally cute; Mr. Work-the-Meat-nazi was really odd; Some people thought the zoophilia character was quirky.

I would say:

Some of the best relationship moments are in the last 1/4 of the story. Ain't nobody ain't got time for 66 issues and a few mini series (shrug)

:preach: er

My votes:

• First TPB I think is the worst. They hadn't quite figured it out yet. (Pacing, rhythm, characters, humor).

• 2nd TPB is the best. Epic, powerful, tense, funny, shocking...

I thought that PREACHER 24 Page 07 was going to end up in an eBay re-listing cycle at $999.

Guess I was wrong :sorry:

I'm not sure I understand what's going on with the price of this piece. Its an attractive page with Jesse and Herr Starr, from a relatively early issue and has good content.

Given all the discussion on this thread, you'd have thought this would go for $2.5K, instead of just $1K.

Anyone else feel the same? (shrug)

I thought that PREACHER 24 Page 07 was going to end up in an eBay re-listing cycle at $999.

I'm not sure I understand what's going on with the price of this piece. Its an attractive page with Jesse and Herr Starr, from a relatively early issue and has good content.

Given all the discussion on this thread, you'd have thought this would go for $2.5K, instead of just $1K.

I guess I am just out of touch. 3 others (JJ, JJJ, and ArtistLost) all think it was a bargain at the $999 price. :o

I guess I am just out of touch. 3 others (JJ, JJJ, and ArtistLost) all think it was a bargain at the $999 price. :o

I honestly don't know if it was a bargain or priced right, but I am merely stating that given all of the discussion in this thread, this page checked a lot of boxes people said they were looking for in a Preacher page so I thought it would have went for more.

I honestly don't know if it was a bargain or priced right, but I am merely stating that given all of the discussion in this thread, this page checked a lot of boxes people said they were looking for in a Preacher page so I thought it would have went for more.

I thought it was on par with this page:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251563667213?nav=WATCHING_ENDED

I didn't think it warranted an extra $300, and figured we'd see it relisted a few times at lower prices before it sold. Shows what I know!

I didn't think it warranted an extra $300, and figured we'd see it relisted a few times at lower prices before it sold. Shows what I know!

I would have loved the extra $300 on the sale of the above link... :(

I would have loved the extra $300 on the sale of the above link... :(

I'd love an extra $300 too, but don't you think $670 was a good price for the page? I thought it a fair deal for buyer and seller alike.