• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,202 posts in this topic

what if we nominate one individual who will be the designated "HOF/PL" person so that if a PL/Hofer posts a thread for sale that person and that person alone will post a polite statement that the seller is currently on the PL/HOF and that buyers are free to complete any sales but know that they will have no protection from the board if the deal goes south. this would be posted just once so that it doesn't become a pile on.

I vote No...PL people deserve the pile on in their thread

As a newer member I still have a hard time remembering to double check the lists, other communities I am a part if are pretty good about banning people that are 'problems', or labeling them with tags stating they are suspended from making transactions while on 'PL' lists.

I don't know how well it would be to have one person being "responsible" for it, would be nice to have the first person that notices post the statement, just to make sure it is known as soon as possible after the thread starts.

Another idea might be to have the party nominating them, or the person adding them to the list posting it in the offenders Kudos thread. It would likely be the last post in the thread, so will likely be seen when checked, even if by newer members. It could be removed if warranted, emergencies shouldn't be permanently marked, but would be nice to have all that history in one place.

Edited by No Quarter

As a newer member I still have a hard time remembering to double check the lists, other communities I am a part if are pretty good about banning people that are 'problems', or labeling them with tags stating they are suspended from making transactions while on 'PL' lists.

I don't know how well it would be to have one person being "responsible" for it, would be nice to have the first person that notices post the statement, just to make sure it is known as soon as possible after the thread starts.

Another idea might be to have the party nominating them, or the person adding them to the list posting it in the offenders Kudos thread. It would likely be the last post in the thread, so will likely be seen when checked, even if by newer members. It could be removed if warranted, emergencies shouldn't be permanently marked, but would be nice to have all that history in one place.

Negative remarks are removed from kudos threads. Imo, both kudos threads and the PL list are very close (getting closer all the time) to worthless in their current form. Its still not a bad idea to check them, but there are lots and lots are boardies that have dodged the pl list on technicalities and plenty of sellers with big kudos threads.

buyer beware

what if we nominate one individual who will be the designated "HOF/PL" person so that if a PL/Hofer posts a thread for sale that person and that person alone will post a polite statement that the seller is currently on the PL/HOF and that buyers are free to complete any sales but know that they will have no protection from the board if the deal goes south. this would be posted just once so that it doesn't become a pile on.

Jay, what do you mean they have no protection from the board?

Surely whatever protections exist on the board (and I'm not sure that there is anything beyond the usual Paypal/CC cover) are available to buyers regardless of whether the person they buy from is on a list or not?

Symbi? lol Thought it was funny sorry.

Grading fees should not have to be removed. The grading was a "gift" by symbiotic to wolfpack because he sent the book into CGC AFTER wolfpack claimed and paid for the book. Symbi had a duty to care for the book and get it to wolfpack safely not to send it to CGC. So as you said, he owes wolfpack every cent made over $30 on the eBay sale.

I just want to say that I feel bad for ever pushing to give this guy a second chance.

Unbelievable.

There was someone that spoke much louder in support of Symbi, and how he had really great books so cut him a break.

Glad to see that worked out okay.

Others have already suggested it, and it must have come up before (I don't follow this thread regularly, but I was also going to suggest that if someone on PL/HOS does start a sales thread I see no issue with someone else posting that they are on one of those lists. Buyers an make the determination at that point if they want to proceed.

It's definitely unrealistic to think that people will stop dealing with them altogether, especially if they've got a "great deal" posted. If you've been around the hobby long enough, you know that there's always someone willing to roll the dice. Heck, I remember threads where people bought books from Danny and ended up with purple labels (shocking!). And this was well after all of that stuff went down years ago. People that definitely knew better.

We used to have a running line that people would buy books from the devil himself if the price was right. Sadly, over the years, it seems that joke statement isn't far off from the truth.

If someone on one of the lists posts a sales thread, call them out. Who cares if it's thread crapping? Don't want to be called out? Don't get on the lists. You reap what you sow. Taking accountability is slowly becoming a "lost art".

Cool books rule over all!

Others have already suggested it, and it must have come up before (I don't follow this thread regularly, but I was also going to suggest that if someone on PL/HOS does start a sales thread I see no issue with someone else posting that they are on one of those lists. Buyers an make the determination at that point if they want to proceed.

It's definitely unrealistic to think that people will stop dealing with them altogether, especially if they've got a "great deal" posted. If you've been around the hobby long enough, you know that there's always someone willing to roll the dice. Heck, I remember threads where people bought books from Danny and ended up with purple labels (shocking!). And this was well after all of that stuff went down years ago. People that definitely knew better.

We used to have a running line that people would buy books from the devil himself if the price was right. Sadly, over the years, it seems that joke statement isn't far off from the truth.

If someone on one of the lists posts a sales thread, call them out. Who cares if it's thread crapping? Don't want to be called out? Don't get on the lists. You reap what you sow. Taking accountability is slowly becoming a "lost art".

Cool books rule over all!

lol

So true and so many are so oblivious. C'est la vie.

I've got life issues. Can I nominate myself for the PL?

You can actually as it has happened before.

On that note, I would like to nominate Eric's (Hammerhead) removal from the PL.

I've ask him to weigh in on the subject since he self nominated, but as the offended party I'm comfortable in him coming off the list as he has faithfully been fulfilling his commitment to repay for a consistent stretch now and I would like him to be able to sell items to further the cause if he wishes.

davedawgbg since you were the nominating party (well you were the reason he was nominated) I think there would be no issue with him being removed as you are stating you are now satisfied with what he has done to make (at least to the this point partial) amends.

If that's the case I'll say he can come off with the stipulation that he'll be readmitted if there is a hiccup or snag along the way that we cannot overcome privately.

I'll post again when the matter is 100% so there will be no readmission for this occurrence.

I guess his leaving the board lasted almost 2 whole days.

If he's not on the Probie list or the HOS, I propose a new "whackadoodle" list. Feel free to correct my spelling;)

:hi: Hi Sha, Thanks for reminding me. I said I was going to add him on 4/21 and totally forgot. My screw up.

No "screw up:" at all, lol. You donate a lot of time here, thank you Jason:) ! :foryou:

Speaking of time...if only one person is chosen to post in sales threads that someone is on one of "the lists" ...it's going to take up a lot of their time.

Perhaps we are all adult enough not to post a 2nd time if we see someone has already.

I love Dr. Ball's sign, but it needs to be a tiny bit smaller and in purple, lol;)

I love Dr. Ball's sign, but it needs to be a tiny bit smaller and in purple, lol;) [/color]

Maybe with some female villains? lol