• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Do you remember at the end of the TV show season when the Govenor didn't do what WE thought should have happend. And many :cry: and :preach: all off season how it's not as good as the comic and :blahblah:

Then the first half of the season was (thumbs u

Well, I see the same here. What happened is not what WE expected. But I bet it will be ok.

I also think the next issue has noting to do with any character we've seen in the WD universe.

+1

:gossip:

Ricks still lives. lol

So does Negan :banana:

Win. Win. :applause:

Do you remember at the end of the TV show season when the Govenor didn't do what WE thought should have happend. And many :cry: and :preach: all off season how it's not as good as the comic and :blahblah:

Then the first half of the season was (thumbs u

Well, I see the same here. What happened is not what WE expected. But I bet it will be ok.

I also think the next issue has noting to do with any character we've seen in the WD universe.

+1

:gossip:

Ricks still lives. lol

So does Negan :banana:

Win. Win. :applause:

lol YES!!!

I don't mind Negan living. He's grown on me.

Now that AoW is over, I thought excerpts from this interview with Robert Kirkman last July are pretty interesting:

Q: Many of our readers are looking forward to the upcoming All Out War story arc. Can you give us a little tease of what we can expect from this major story arc?

RK: All Out War is a very accurate title. Negan has been a thorn in everyone’s side and now everyone is united against him. It’s going to be a big blowout and is a bigger story than we’ve ever told before. It’s going to lead to some pretty terrible things happening in the book. You can’t have a war without casualties, so it’s going to be a pretty dark period in the book. :yeahok:

It’s still going to be a human story, but there are bigger things happening now. Civilization is getting to the point where it can be rebuilt and that’s something that they’re going to be working toward.

Q: Part of that re-building is fighting back, trying to reclaim the land. We’ve seen pockets of civilization, but will you show them expanding out and trying to reclaim this world?

RK: Definitely. Making larger safe zones and making the world safe to live in is a priority if they can survive this war.

Like everyone else, I was sincerely let down. I think Kirkman is definitely losing steam, and I could totally see this series wrap by issue #150. I know that won't happen with all the money still out there, but I'd just hate to see this series get ran into the ground. It would be a real shame with all he's accomplished with it.

WOW!! So much hate against the Arc in here. I enjoyed it even with the outcome. WD is still my favorite title to read monthly. This will not cause me to leave this book. The excess variants would push me away before the actual story does.

I'm not that big of a fan of the spandexed superheroes so I don't read them but I have to imagine that some of those stories are far worse than what's actually happening in Kirkman's world.

For those jumping ship I say, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you

Like everyone else, I was sincerely let down. I think Kirkman is definitely losing steam, and I could totally see this series wrap by issue #150. I know that won't happen with all the money still out there, but I'd just hate to see this series get ran into the ground. It would be a real shame with all he's accomplished with it.

It was still enjoyable though and everyone fought until an unexpected and sudden end. IMHO a far cry from being run into the ground or let down. After the initial outburst there's quite a bit of positive feedback surfacing now.

Going back to before this arc...

has it just gone full circle? Negan was all about controling the (ring) leader from the off. In fact it worked for him pretty well for over 18 months. Guess someone learned a valuable lesson here in how to take down another faction.

I don't often catch Kirkman hinting at stuff like this and I wish he would do it more often. The longevity of the book deserves a bit less misdirection and a bit more foreshadowing and planting seeds that link the narrative in ways that span across arcs. For me the interviews were the let down... the clues should already be there in the story.

JKs3KIR.png

I liked that

Negan broke Rick's leg. That was great. Probably the only part of the issue I liked.

What I didn't like was

the completely unrealistic nature of the aftermath of Rick cutting Negan's throat. I know Dwight told them to let them fight - but not ONE of them jumped the gun and started shooting? Not to mention Negan's guys had plenty of guns and not one of Rick's group died? Stupid. Just stupid. Throw the "SAVE HIM NOT MY LEG" trope in there and we have the steaming pile of that was this issue.

I liked the ending, but not how things led up to it.

First, i'm a fan of the comic book and it's among the only titles I have read the entire (100+ issue) run.

With that said,

I was let down with this issue and not just because Negan didn't die. More because it's unrealistic to believe that Maggie or Carl would ever agree to letting Negan live. It's not realistic to their characters.

I get the Rick comes from a place of law. And if that's the case, what makes him the judge and jury? Perhaps they try Negan for crimes and see if he gets convicted?

Sounds ridiculous right?

And, the cut to Negan's neck was completely forgotten after the scuffle? Was it tainted? Was it not? Why isn't anyone (including Negan) asking if he is going to die with that cut from the bloody knife....or Rick never intended on killing Negan?

That can't be the case because he didn't know how that speech was going to go and how close he could get to Negan. That couldn't have been his plan all along to let him live.

Lastly, when Rick gave his speech it didn't seem like anyone was in agreement with that decision to let Negan live. It was almost as if he was getting silence. But Michonne took him away from the window with the impression it went fine... hm

Sure, more questions are left over than answers and it wasn't a satisfying completion to AOW.

It should have been called All Out Wimper.

I'm not dropping the book as i'm here till the end but that wasn't a high point for the comic in my opinion.

If Kirkman really wanted to shake it up...he could do what he originally intended and have some kind of Alien invasion to explain the zombie apocalypse. lol

First, i'm a fan of the comic book and it's among the only titles I have read the entire (100+ issue) run.

With that said,

I was let down with this issue and not just because Negan didn't die. More because it's unrealistic to believe that Maggie or Carl would ever agree to letting Negan live. It's not realistic to their characters.

I get the Rick comes from a place of law. And if that's the case, what makes him the judge and jury? Perhaps they try Negan for crimes and see if he gets convicted?

Sounds ridiculous right?

And, the cut to Negan's neck was completely forgotten after the scuffle? Was it tainted? Was it not? Why isn't anyone (including Negan) asking if he is going to die with that cut from the bloody knife....or Rick never intended on killing Negan?

That can't be the case because he didn't know how that speech was going to go and how close he could get to Negan. That couldn't have been his plan all along to let him live.

Lastly, when Rick gave his speech it didn't seem like anyone was in agreement with that decision to let Negan live. It was almost as if he was getting silence. But Michonne took him away from the window with the impression it went fine... hm

Sure, more questions are left over than answers and it wasn't a satisfying completion to AOW.

It should have been called All Out Wimper.

I'm not dropping the book as i'm here till the end but that wasn't a high point for the comic in my opinion.

If Kirkman really wanted to shake it up...he could do what he originally intended and have some kind of Alien invasion to explain the zombie apocalypse. lol

My guess is he might need to get a tetanus shot. lol

Who am I kidding he should have ended it with an epic Lucille moment in a desperate battle for survival that sparked off a war like scenario... like this comic did

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but if someone brutally kills my friends like Holly and especially Glenn, he's done the first chance that I get. Not to mention Abe who was more of an ancillary kill.

Yes, it's more interesting keeping Negan alive but you know he will break out or have insider help and do some damage later "otherwise it's just obligatory shot of Negan in cell."

What if Carl had been the one beat to death like Glenn? Would Rick have been so "30,000 footish?" I. Don't. Think. So.

Maybe it's just me, but if someone brutally kills my friends like Holly and especially Glenn, he's done the first chance that I get. Not to mention Abe who was more of an ancillary kill.

Yes, it's more interesting keeping Negan alive but you know he will break out or have insider help and do some damage later "otherwise it's just obligatory shot of Negan in cell."

What if Carl had been the one beat to death like Glenn? Would Rick have been so "30,000 footish?" I. Don't. Think. So.

Its not just you. (thumbs u

War!! Huuuaaa..... YEAH!!!!

What is it good for?!?!?

Absolutely NOTHING! (Say it again, YEAH!)

War!! Huuuaaa..... YEAH!!!!

What is it good for?!?!?

Absolutely NOTHING! (Say it again, YEAH!)

lol

Two ludicrously unrealistic things about the conclusion:

1) What is Rick, a surgeon? How on earth did he manage to cut Negan's neck just enough to be life-threatening, not enough to kill him right away. Ludicrous.

2) As someone else has said, not one of Rick's group died in the big fight, despite all the guns the Saviors had. Again, ludicrous.

One thing I don't necessarily find ridiculous is letting Negan live, though. First of all, it's clear that the group does what Rick says, even if they don't like it. Secondly, he's more use to them alive I think - as an example of how they can beat a more powerful enemy by effectively getting him to submit, rather than killing him.

I've come to the end of this arc feeling that the story of Rick's group is pretty much done. It seems to have become awfully repetitive of late. I think the book could really use a completely fresh cast, at least for a while. Hopefully the rumours/speculation about the next issue delivering that are correct.