• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I know marvel did some other variant covers a few months ago. I've wanted to pick them up but haven't yet.

I have a few of those. They are the photo variants (1 issue that features each main cast member and 1 issue that has a group shot.)

Yeah, I don't see Agent Ward coming back as a good guy. He's in the Spike and Faith mode (or even Angel).

Bad guy with some redeeming qualities... made more interesting especially if Skye manifests some powers. (Did they call her Skye because she fell out of the sky?)

Yeah, I don't see Agent Ward coming back as a good guy. He's in the Spike and Faith mode (or even Angel).

Bad guy with some redeeming qualities... made more interesting especially if Skye manifests some powers. (Did they call her Skye because she fell out of the sky?)

good call on the buffy comparison, but I still think they can milk him being a double agent for awhile (keeping his double agent cover), maybe even into mid-next season.

Do you remember the look that Coulson and Ward gave each other when Ward suggested he go along with bringing Paxton to The Fridge a couple episodes ago? All this is a play.

I hope not, as it would be totally unbelievable and incredibly lame if this was all some kind of ploy, especially since Ward's actions either directly or indirectly led to the deaths of many agents at The Fridge (and there's no way I'm believing Garrett wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't really killed the agents in the elevator or the agents on the plane, including Hand), as well as springing numerous prisoners and weapons of mass destruction. If he was trying to take down HYDRA from within, why even join Coulson's team if he already had an in with Garrett?

The show has just hit its stride in the past 2-3 episodes; it would be a horrible travesty if they were to do something incredibly intelligence-insulting like making Ward a good guy after all this. Also, why did they have to make Koenig such a joke? That's the kind of stupidity that I thought the show was successfully moving away from. :mad: Otherwise, it was a very good episode, though.

Yeah, I see him more as a kind of Faith kind of character. Not beyond redemption. But not a good guy.

good call on the buffy comparison, but I still think they can milk him being a double agent for awhile (keeping his double agent cover), maybe even into mid-next season.

hm

Oh god, I hope not. I can't take this much longer beyond the next episode.

Get it over already. That was a little silly how he avoided the lie detector.

Another good episode last night. There are moments when the casting still gets to me, but at least the characters are acting less like high schoolers even if they still look like them. 2c

It was mentioned that Triplett's grandfather was in the Howling Commandos. That was pretty cool.

With that kind of throwback to Gabriel Jones I guess Triplett is here to stay. I really hope his character grows cause I am not a fan yet.

It was mentioned that Triplett's grandfather was in the Howling Commandos. That was pretty cool.

With that kind of throwback to Gabriel Jones I guess Triplett is here to stay. I really hope his character grows cause I am not a fan yet.

So was that the Howling Commandos with the original Nick Fury? Or was the Samuel Jackson Nick Fury in WWII and somehow perserved? Or was Nick Fury not the commander of the Howling Commandos?

the only problem i have with the last two episodes is that he knew the prison/storage place was attack by hydra and yet he didn't have footage of who were the ones that attack it until sky hack NSA.

the only problem i have with the last two episodes is that he knew the prison/storage place was attack by hydra and yet he didn't have footage of who were the ones that attack it until sky hack NSA.

I believe the whole Hyrda attack destroyed Shields network of satellites and other communications. They have no internal footage of the attack since it was post-hydra attack/events of Capt2.

I don't like him, because I might have to fight him over Simmons! Ha ha!

So was that the Howling Commandos with the original Nick Fury? Or was the Samuel Jackson Nick Fury in WWII and somehow perserved? Or was Nick Fury not the commander of the Howling Commandos?

From the 1st Captain America movie, the leader of the Howling Commandos was Captain America.

From the 1st Captain America movie, the leader of the Howling Commandos was Captain America.

doh! (That's for me, not the continuity change.)

Edited by thunsicker

doh! (That's for me, not the continuity change.)

I've come terms and have separated the movie world from the comic book world. I rejoice when they are true to the original storyline and just go with the flow when it departs from it.

We never actually see the "dead" bodies that Ward has "killed". Why is that?

Everyone he has supposedly killed, we just see an angle of the body that doesn't show any real confirmation. We see blood trickling away from the bodies, but not the bodies themselves. I'm not saying he didn't really kill them, but it does leave the door open for Marvel to come up with a plot that this is all a ruse.