• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,258 posts in this topic

:applause: Love that period in the Lone Ranger.

Your bumping this thread spared me from having to find it!

It came from the boxes and I read this Black Diamond Western tonight. 3 Black Diamond stories, 3 artists and the same insane writer(s) at Lev Gleason who overwhelm the page with dialog. Despite that, some enjoyable reading as most Gleason titles tend to be.

BlackDiamond36_zps497bd923.jpg

The night before, it's was this Gene Autry # 18 with a Jesse Marsh Autry lead in story -

GeneAutry18_zps980c4238.jpg

I was always kinda' partial to Roy Rogers actually. I really liked those sequined shirts....oh wait, they are both wearing fancy shirts.

13714657225_0dc368b0b2_b.jpg

Always one of my favorites.

9109234520_97d69734fa.jpg

mm

Wow, great cover. (thumbs u

Never saw it before.

Thanks!...shows a tougher side of HOPPY.

mm

Always one of my favorites.

9109234520_97d69734fa.jpg

mm

Nice looking copy of an issue you don't see too often.

Thanks!...here's another one I haven't see too often.

9099031135_d31be86414.jpg

mm

Growing up on a cattle ranch, I'm always tempted to get into GA westerns, but knowing they have such a small collector audience makes me leery (I'm always conscious of my collections liquidity).

Is that a fair assessment of the collector environment for Westerns, or am I mistaken?

Well, G.A.tor has called it: Westerns are dead. I would trust Rick's assessment. Maybe we can close that book if Mr.Bedrock confirms it but ... yeah ... from all indications I've heard, the liquidity would not be there.

Here's Rex Allen Four Color # 316 a.k.a. Rex Allen # 1. It's also an entire Jesse March book with one 32-pager and another 16-pager.

FC316_zpsf0b2288d.jpg