• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Spinner Racks
1 1

204 posts in this topic

They're around...I got mine at an auction in Pennsylvania, after 5 years or so of searching.

rack2.jpg

Some folks here have had luck at flea markets, and with local Craigslist sellers. The common thread in all the spinner rack success stories I've read here on the Boards is that patience and diligence in the search generally pays off.

Good luck!

I absolutely could not agree more! I peruse craigslist daily, been looking for years, and just happen to find this, $50.00. Literally 2 miles from where I work.

A little power-wash, new hardware, good (if not better than) new!

146759.jpg.ecf65211a766864e1b916c978798c2a6.jpg

021_zps7fc97acb.jpg

Love the standalone. Not sure if you ever noticed, but the Superman is a different image than the one used on the tin topper for the spinner rack version (both 4 and 5 sides spinner versions)

obaxvtjfdj25icmybxig.jpg

Hmm. I have a 4-sided spinner rack, but my Superman is the same as the one shown on the standalone, not the one you are displaying here. I wonder if the one you are showing might be an earlier version that was later changed because that Superman face is so fugly?

Spinner racks are cool as hell, the older the better. Around here in the 70's-80's we had a chain of stores called Book Bags. I always remember those spinner racks. I hope to pick up one later this year, 70's 80's earlier don't care what decade. Might be my number one collecting goal for 2014 :whee:

Here's a panoramic shot (not a big fan of the software because it crops the bottom/top of the photo to maintain aspect ratio) but it does a better job than I can stitching two photos together. The DELL spinner is a 50's rack, so at one time I had CGC slabs in it, but I quite like it with the period DELL's:

office_back_wall_2_web_zpsc1a163c1.jpg

Dated photo as I've changed a few things around, but a better view:

dell_comic_rack_zps49f9db8d.jpg

I was going fishing in Michigan and had to stop at a mom and pop grocery about 2 yrs ago and was going thru the isles looking for candy/pop and in the middle of the cereal isle was one just like this, no books in it. I was in a hurry or I would've asked about it , it had probably been there since the store had opened.

Here's my new comic rack. Never seen one like it. Same format as the old wooden shelf style you see most often from Dell, but also have seen from DC. But, this one is made out of wire and clearly, because of the DC checkerboard, dates to between February 1966 and August 1967:

_57.jpg

It's perfect for me because I was born in 1966.

Here's my new comic rack. Never seen one like it. Same format as the old wooden shelf style you see most often from Dell, but also have seen from DC. But, this one is made out of wire and clearly, because of the DC checkerboard, dates to between February 1966 and August 1967:

_57.jpg

Thats Awesome (thumbs u

_57.jpg

Really wonderful, both for what it is and for your connection to it.

_57.jpg

I have never seen one like it. Awesome rack

_57.jpg

I have never seen one like it. Awesome rack

+1

Would love to have a DC rack someday. :)

I'm still looking for one. I'm even willing to pay to have one shipped, but they really are tough to find.

Yeah, it's tough to find sellers who will ship them. I had a deal on one break down because the seller couldn't figure out shipment. I really really lucked out with my new rack as I got it on a "buy it now" on eBay and the seller shipped.