• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

I know it's fun to pick, but where is the line drawn between concern and krapping.

And posting GPA figures in someone's sales thread is just bad taste, regardless of how off they are in their asking price. This happens all the time on eBay. Sellers ask 150-200% of GPA and people complain. A seller can ask what they want and a buyer has the choice NOT to buy that book and move on.

Agreed Ryan.

Who is going to stop him from starting a sales thread? Asking because I am genuinely curious.

From the way I've seen it. When a thread is started by a HOS member the mods have allowed a single post (not a pile-on) informing the seller, and potential buyers of his status.

Also there is nothing stopping people from PMing people who have bought in the thread and sending them a link to the HOS status. If they weren't aware of that fact before purchasing it has been grounds for canceling the purchase without PL repercussions in the past.

I am not sure if any of that has changed, given the mods new threadcrapping extinction agenda, but that's how it's worked in the past.

One post? Perhaps a sign might stand out more...

CGC_HOS.jpg

CGC_PL.jpg

Feel free to use or hotlink from my server if you wish - open to anyone. I'll leave them there indefinitely.

Jason could you possibly include an image of Doctor Doom or some other nair do well behind bars on the poster as well so that it is "comics related" :)

I like it. Yes, let me work something out.

Jason, I love them. I would just suggest making them max horizontal - 480 x vertical - 600. When images are HUGE as they are now, they shrink down the screen if you're using an iPad or iPhone, etc.

20i8jnb.jpg

2me1euw.jpg

If you REALLY wanted to get creative or technical, you make the image clickable to the HOS/PL member's addition TO the list. ;)

I love them though! (worship)

Jason, I love them. I would just suggest making them max horizontal - 480 x vertical - 600. When images are HUGE as they are now, they shrink down the screen if you're using an iPad or iPhone, etc.

20i8jnb.jpg

2me1euw.jpg

If you REALLY wanted to get creative or technical, you make the image clickable to the HOS/PL member's addition TO the list. ;)

I love them though! (worship)

:gossip: you can't embed a hyperlink in a jpg. But when you post it you can wrap the URL code around the image tag making the image a link. Edited by jaybuck43

Jason could you possibly include an image of Doctor Doom or some other nair do well behind bars on the poster as well so that it is "comics related" :)

lol Like Doom will ever be behind bars... Doom Rules.

I don't blame people for being risk-averse but my positive transaction experiences by far outweigh the negative. I've had some buyers flake out on payment, some sellers take weeks to ship, and there's the endless stream of extreme lowballers, but these are all fairly minor issues. This is still the best place to buy and sell, and I include LCS' and conventions in that statement.

I would be happy to join you in that sentiment, but no one here is serious about buying.

Now, granted, I don't give my stuff away. My prices are high. But I sold a raw 9.6 Spidey #299 for $55 on eBay the other day. No one here will pay $55 for a raw 9.6 Spidey #299. Even with all fees, I still clear more than $48. I'd be lucky to get $30 for it here.

I sold a NM 9.4 copy of X-Men #114 for $65. A NM+ 9.6 copy of X-Men #106 for $100.

I just don't see the type of prices paid here that can compete.

I should amend my statement to say that the buying market here and the buying market on ebay are definitely different from one another. There are some books I won't bother listing here because I know they won't sell for a reasonable price. Conversely there are certain books I try to sell here first because, for whatever reason, they do well here but not so much on ebay. So there is some selection bias in my feelings on selling here but I do try to cater to the "tastes" of buyers when possible. In general though, yes, I rarely expect to receive my list price when selling on the boards.

@ Ryan. thanks for your posts on this, they sum up my experience here also, and I have a very positive view of the market here on the Boards. I do not sell on Ebay but I have heard from others also that returns on many books can be higher there than here on the Boards. I do agree that this depends on the books.

I am guessing that a major difference lies in the kind of markets these are, I'm not sure yet how to describe it, but the selling forums here are just not the same experience as browsing Ebay listings, and that may impact prices.

My 2c is that on Ebay buyers think like buyers, whereas here on the Boards every buyer is thinking also as a seller, and that is depressing the values, as to the best of my knowledge no seller goes to Ebay looking for inventory. Am I wrong about that? (shrug)

It's really unfortunate that this guy is still posting his auction links here when he's blatantly shilling. I'm posting this graphic here in case mods delete it from the other thread.

:facepalm:

symbshill.png