• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

I think we have shown KingKoa is mistaken. However convincing him that he is wrong is something that might never be achieved. I think we would be wise get this thread back on track.

Anyone know the loaction of this piece? Sold in 2009 on heritage. Some beautiful Elias art:

Tombofterror_zps5e6b51cd.jpg

I think I understand what KingKoa means, and I can see why he means it in such a way. I like Joe's art and have a pair of pieces; it would be tough to go into an auction and bid against him for the same artwork (especially because he has much, much more money than I do).

But this post has been totally derailed and I'd hate to see it lost over this argument. I enjoy the original purpose of the post: "Does Anyone Know Where This Art Is?" Can we go back to it?

OK, I'll do my part to bring this thread back on topic.

I asked before, but I'm looking for the other half of this Dale Keown DPS

CAF Link to my half

I bought it by itself in 2011. A full DPS recently turned up on Heritage, which was perplexing, but it turns out that it was inked over blue lines (but used for publication)

So if anyone knows where the hand drawn half of this DPS is, let me know!

Malvin

I think we have shown KingKoa is mistaken. However convincing him that he is wrong is something that might never be achieved. I think we would be wise get this thread back on track.

Anyone know the loaction of this piece? Sold in 2009 on heritage. Some beautiful Elias art:

Tombofterror_zps5e6b51cd.jpg

Great piece of art, reminiscent of Steranko's S.H.I.E.L.D cover (which this pre-dates).

Good luck with your search! :wishluck:

I've met him and agree Joe Quesada is a great guy who means the best at whatever he does. I'm a huge fan of his. I shouldn't have engaged past my original comment. My apologies for contributing to the derail of this thread.

This was one of my first comics and would love to find this cover.Does anyone know who the artist was on this and where it is? Always thought it was done by Mike Zeck but looking at it now I can see it's not. Maybe Michael golden? If it's Golden was it true he destroyed much art from the early 80's?

1273123.jpg

Edited by KingKoa

Don, I used to own the cover to Flash #266 but sold it many years ago and no longer know who owns it…shouldn't have done it but Flash without his boots bugged me a bit doh!

The Flash #275 cover was sold roughly 10 years ago to a collector that considered it his favorite cover…from a collector who also coveted it. It sold for quite a premium back then and I believe he's still very content to keep it. Not much help but it does exist and next time I run into the owner I can ask if he's still attached :wishluck:

Best regards,

Will Gabri-El

www.ComicArtPage.com

Appreciate the information on these. Understand about the #275 cover and how it would be a collector's favorite.

I think I understand on the 266 cover and the "without boots" part, but I still dig it.

Any possible information on any interior pages from these issues?

General observation I make is that Novick Flash pages seem pretty scarce overall.

Saviuk pages as well, but he only did a fraction of issues compared to Novick, so that's a bit more understandable.

Don

IAlways thought it was done by Mike Zeck but looking at it now I can see it's not. Maybe Michael golden? If it's Golden was it true he destroyed much art from the early 80's?

1273123.jpg

This one was by Golden - you'll see his symbol signature in the graffiti on the train. Haven't ever seen this one, but many of Golden's painted covers from G.I. Joe have surfaced over the years - #29, #36, Yearbook #1 (front and back covers) as well as the complete story to Yearbook #2. So, there's a good chance that it survived!

Don, will certainly keep my eyes peeled but nothing off the top of my head from those issues recently. I have the splash to Flash #277 for sale on my website by Saviuk and admittedly it's not priced cheaply but as you said (and I agree) his Flash work is a bit scarce. Ironically I've seen more Novick Flash pages than Saviuk over the years.

Best regards,

Will Gabri-El

www.ComicArtPage.com

UPDATE:

Despite my earlier assumption that I've located the owner of this piece,

it remains far and away...:(

I'm looking for the original art of the cover for

JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA annual #8 - Elseworlds:

Justice_League_America_Annual_8.jpg

http://qurls.com?i=54365

Art by Howard Porter.

Any clue or lead would be most appreciated

I can be reached at:

galschwart@gmail.com

Many thanks,

Gal

I am looking for Bill Sienkiewicz's art to Moon Knight #9 page 19 (it may be labeled "26" in the corner).

I already talked with the eBay seller who sold page 20 and he does not own this page. Any information would be appreciated.

147108.jpg.73c7fb2c615020fef1548e7bfb71abbc.jpg

I got out of collecting OA, but this is probably my favorite Modern Age cover. It's brilliant in it's simplicity and at the same time, there is a ton of symbolism. I know it's done by Jock and Splash Page Art is his rep, but I imagine it sold awhile back.

Anyone know who has it ?

DTC_Cv880_ds-copy.jpg

I believe this was done digitally (or that a very large part of it was done digitally).

Has anyone ever seen a Chris Warner cover from the first Dark Horse Predator or Terminator mini series? I had a Terminator splash a while ago, but have never seen a cover hit the market.

Does any Jack Cole Plastic Man art still exist? There doesn't seem to be any on CAF (that I could find).

I read in one Cole biography or another that the owner of Quality comics cut it up to prevent its reuse. Don't get me started on how stupid that concept is.

Anyway, there may a piece somewhere, but I doubt it. The Archives are great though.

Does any Jack Cole Plastic Man art still exist? There doesn't seem to be any on CAF (that I could find).

I read in one Cole biography or another that the owner of Quality comics cut it up to prevent its reuse. Don't get me started on how stupid that concept is.

Anyway, there may a piece somewhere, but I doubt it. The Archives are great though.

Does the stupidity extend to putting their copyright of certain images on slightly shaky ground?