• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

anyone want buy color copies>> :facepalm:

color copies wow

"These Color Cover Copies are in new condition, not glossy, but clean, printed on ordinary office paper,

the image sharpness varies a bit depending on the original file resolution,

but all copies are unflawed, meaning no marks, smears, creases, etc. on the copy.

If the original cover had a crease, then the copy has that too,

but almost all these examples are from nice higher grade books.

Printed on an HP6280." (thumbs u

Edited by kat123

anyone want buy color copies>> :facepalm:

color copies wow

"These Color Cover Copies are in new condition, not glossy, but clean, printed on ordinary office paper,

the image sharpness varies a bit depending on the original file resolution,

but all copies are unflawed, meaning no marks, smears, creases, etc. on the copy.

If the original cover had a crease, then the copy has that too,

but almost all these examples are from nice higher grade books.

Printed on an HP6280." (thumbs u

Now, if they were high quality color photocopies, made directly from the books, themselves... I'd consider a few of them. But computer printouts, made from scans of varying quality...?

The cover of The Saint #4 is not credited to Matt Baker in Overstreet or The Art of Glamour. To me, it looks only slightly Baker-ish. From what I can tell, Matt Baker never did any work for Avon, who published The Saint.

It's risky to trust what you see on the internet about Baker. Here's a site where an author has included the cover of The Saint #4 in a collection of "samples from Matt Baker's career". http://www.tallguysgearguide.com/my-blog/2012/12/matt-baker-the-art-of-glamour.html

The cover of Zip Jet #1 is also shown, and it is DEFINITELY not Baker's work.

Saint # 4 was in question years back whether it is Baker. I was under the impression by the "experts" it is not a Baker cover. What is the source material that it is?

In the May HA auction, there is a copy that has the notation on the label. As MBFan notes, The Art of Glamour checklist doesn't list it as by Baker.

Saint # 4 was in question years back whether it is Baker. I was under the impression by the "experts" it is not a Baker cover. What is the source material that it is?

I don't think it's Baker. It's probably Bob Lubbers or Walter Johnson, in my opinion.

CGC's default is to follow Overstreet. I wonder who convinced them to include the Baker notation on the label?

I haven't seen so much Baker books on eBay them this year. coming out of the woodwork. :shy:

Yep. I think the high prices being realized are causing sellers to list them.

Btw, did you see the two pieces of FH Baker OA on Heritage?

I was gone for 2 weeks. I warned you guys about that. I just responded to the PM. I don't see Internet when I'm on trips. I hide from it so I can enjoy my work and reptile hunts. Here's a nice turtle pic I got in CA:

f0xitu.jpg

But ... but ... the Internet is life itself!

Neat turtles.

I was gone for 2 weeks. I warned you guys about that. I just responded to the PM. I don't see Internet when I'm on trips. I hide from it so I can enjoy my work and reptile hunts. Here's a nice turtle pic I got in CA:

f0xitu.jpg

Neat turtles.

"The Internet is Life Itself"...lol

I don't think it's Baker. It's probably Bob Lubbers or Walter Johnson, in my opinion.

Gerber lists it as Baker, but now after looking at Lubbers' covers I might tend to agree that it isn't Baker. I always based my belief on the way the clothing folds and wrinkles were drawn. I thought that was a Baker trademark, but I now see that Lubbers did the same thing... (shrug) CRUD! :pullhair:

f0xitu.jpg

Neat turtles.

"The Internet is Life Itself"...lol

vurxgetn_zps3131ca82.jpg