• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

The stickers will leave dents on the front covers.....

No, they don't.

I have re-bagged a few books that I bought at cons that had stickers on the bags and sometimes the stickers do leave marks on the books inside. You might only be able to see the mark if you hold the book at a certain angle or in a certain light. It also probably depends on the thickness of the bag and how tightly the books were packed in a box, and for how long, etc, etc, but it can happen.

Yes, it can. I've seen it countless times. That's why I never use stickers for anything and immediately rebag anything with one.

Sometimes the dent is extremely deep.

Without a doubt stickers will leave impressions over time depending on the way the book is stored. Even the flap of a bag could leave an impression if stored too tightly together.

This is correct. I've seen that too. (thumbs u

I purchased quite a few books a while back that all had those impressions on the b..c. from the flap being tucked in, and being compressed in a box at 200 p.s.i.

No, they don't.

I have re-bagged a few books that I bought at cons that had stickers on the bags and sometimes the stickers do leave marks on the books inside. You might only be able to see the mark if you hold the book at a certain angle or in a certain light. It also probably depends on the thickness of the bag and how tightly the books were packed in a box, and for how long, etc, etc, but it can happen.

Yes, it can. I've seen it countless times. That's why I never use stickers for anything and immediately rebag anything with one.

Without a doubt stickers will leave impressions over time depending on the way the book is stored. Even the flap of a bag could leave an impression if stored too tightly together.

Anybody want to help me remove stickers from about 60,000 comics? :insane:

:fear:

Got these back on Saturday. The FF#57 was a surprise PLOD (trimmed on top) that after looking can't figure how they determined that is was trimmed. Oh well... Not a group of high grade books, but some decent mid-grades with nice eye appeal.

Nice books, Ryan! Hulk 102 is one of my favorites; not to mention the original Silver Surfer trilogy.

(And a great slideshow. May have to teach a few others how to do that.)

I'm eventually going to have to bite the bullet and submit a large order if these crazy prices stay where they are.

I have yet to get a PLOD or GLOD, so :wishluck:.

Sorry about yours :sorry:

Nice books, Ryan! Hulk 102 is one of my favorites; not to mention the original Silver Surfer trilogy.

(And a great slideshow. May have to teach a few others how to do that.)

I'm eventually going to have to bite the bullet and submit a large order if these crazy prices stay where they are.

I have yet to get a PLOD or GLOD, so :wishluck:.

Sorry about yours :sorry:

Thanks bud (thumbs u

These just came back from WW Sac. The NM 98 was disappointing... especially after seeing the graders notes too but overall pretty happy with the haul.

nm_98002_zps449a12be.jpg

Hellboy001_zps6a2c3dcc.jpg

bw_1001_zps16e762c8.jpg

AMASM_300001_zps54e21b8c.jpg

What is the issue(s) with the NM 98?

These just came back from WW Sac. The NM 98 was disappointing... especially after seeing the graders notes too but overall pretty happy with the haul.

nm_98002_zps449a12be.jpg

Hellboy001_zps6a2c3dcc.jpg

bw_1001_zps16e762c8.jpg

AMASM_300001_zps54e21b8c.jpg

What is the issue(s) with the NM 98?

Graders Notes:

"Back Cover Moderate Multiple Crease"

Got these back on Saturday. The FF#57 was a surprise PLOD (trimmed on top) that after looking can't figure how they determined that is was trimmed. Oh well... Not a group of high grade books, but some decent mid-grades with nice eye appeal.

Lot's of great books! The TOS 45 might be one of my all-time favorite books. 1st appearances of Pepper and Happy = :cloud9:

Lot's of great books! The TOS 45 might be one of my all-time favorite books. 1st appearances of Pepper and Happy = :cloud9:

Thanks bud. I dig it too (thumbs u

No, they don't.

I purchased quite a few books a while back that all had those impressions on the b..c. from the flap being tucked in, and being compressed in a box at 200 p.s.i.

Not only all the above, but the flap LINE and piece(s) of TAPE can leave indentations over time. And it doesn't even have to be tightly packed. Over years, they'll just work their way into the cover.

Good thing there's pressing.

Love delivery day! It's like Christmas!

I was hoping the ASM #430 and #431 would be 9.8s. The Secret Wars #8 is a bit disappointing. The X-Men #141 and #142 are the prizes for this round since they used to be PGX 8.0 and 9.0 respectively! :banana:

AmazingSpider-Man430CGC96Front_zpsded2bbda.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man431CGC96Front_zpse331a2c0.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man299CGC92Front_zps71e45a5e.jpg

MarvelSuperHeroesSecretWars8CGC70Front_zpsbc6e7c7d.jpg

UncannyX-Men141CGC90Front_zps527dec9c.jpg

UncannyX-Men142CGC92Front_zps7af9579b.jpg

This week I was able to purchase three books that are back from CGC and tomorrow I will see the grade on Uncle Scrooge 179 that is in express graded status at CGC. I expect 9.4 which is great for a Whitman 1980 rare high grade comic such as this.The three books that I bought just back are Popeye 158 Whitman rare at 9.6 HIGHEST GRADE. the second highest to this book is 9.2 and not many are extant at this time. The second rare Whitman that I bought is Tom and Jerry 331 CGC 9.6 ,and the third is Beep Beep Roadruner 93 CGC 9.4 I am lucky to find these books for upgrades in my set. I will be selling the lower than this grades that are currently in my set.at this addy:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=14777

Check out my Black Hole four 9.8 CGC while you are there !

I have 64 whitmans in verrified status at CGC. These are high grade books to complete my set with and also up grades. I expect to see the grades for the books in 6 weeks. Don't you just love the wait!!!!