• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Just updated a listing of the hottest back issue modern comics

Let me know if you agree with the list and/or if I have missed anything

thanks for your input

http://hoknescomics.com/topcomics201404early.htm

Awesome job. It's like a neat version of the info on the notepad on my phone--numbered and everything. Favorited.

Personally I think the majority think it's going to be a horrible movie however those who are invested in it will do everything in their power to pump this movie so they can dump it on the sheep.

:popcorn:

-slym

Everyone keeps saying Rocket is going to be huge with kids. Parents are OK with their kids watching and adoring a character with huge guns blazing a lot (killing)? I don't see how this would be OK for Saturday morning cartoons.

Why wouldn't they be? Today's parents grew up watching GI Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Transformers cartoons.

G.I. Joe & The Transformers all used "beams" instead of bullets, and the Cobra guys all ejected before their plane/helicoptor/boat/jeep blew up.

-slym

I suppose it's because I haven't noticed the attention the title has been getting until last week when they suddenly popped up on the website. Usually that means some sort of TV show or movie rumor but I haven't heard anything.

Glad to know your kids like them! We need more young people in the hobby and I think comic stories now are the best they've ever been. Just so much else is competing for their allowance.

Runaways has been popping for $45-$60 recently. There was an announced movie in2012 but news came out it was shelved in 2013. In February there was news it may not be so dead yet.

G.I. Joe & The Transformers all used "beams" instead of bullets, and the Cobra guys all ejected before their plane/helicoptor/boat/jeep blew up.

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a humorous post or if it is just one of those nitpicking comments that bogs down a thread, At any rate yes while those Saturday morning cartoons from the 80s and 90s were rarely explicitly violent, violence was still a central theme of the shows.

Studios do the same thing with movies these days, for the amount of death and destruction in movies like the Avengers and X-Men very rarely does the viewer actually see blood or gore. Nobody is going to care that Rocket Raccoon is out there blasting away aliens and monsters.

This is America, sex and nudity is taboo here, not violence. I'm pretty sure kids these days are issued a copy of the latest Call of Duty game on their sixth birthday.

Speaking of sex and getting back on topic, some of the more risque Hughes covers from Catwoman volume 3 are also sought after. Everyone knows of 51 of course, but issues 45 and 74 are also popular.

I can't tell if this is supposed to be a humorous post or if it is just one of those nitpicking comments that bogs down a thread, At any rate yes while those Saturday morning cartoons from the 80s and 90s were rarely explicitly violent, violence was still a central theme of the shows.

Studios do the same thing with movies these days, for the amount of death and destruction in movies like the Avengers and X-Men very rarely does the viewer actually see blood or gore. Nobody is going to care that Rocket Raccoon is out there blasting away aliens and monsters.

This is America, sex and nudity is taboo here, not violence. I'm pretty sure kids these days are issued a copy of the latest Call of Duty game on their sixth birthday.

Speaking of sex and getting back on topic, some of the more risque Hughes covers from Catwoman volume 3 are also sought after. Everyone knows of 51 of course, but issues 45 and 74 are also popular.

A one sentence comment that "bogs down a thread" and your response is 4 paragraphs?

:baiting:

Just updated a listing of the hottest back issue modern comics

Let me know if you agree with the list and/or if I have missed anything

thanks for your input

http://hoknescomics.com/topcomics201404early.htm

I found this enjoyable.

Could you please point me in the direction of the $25 GOTG #1's please? :)

I'll take 10 of 'em please!

24 from IDW is out today and seems to be sold out at all major online stores and im gonna guess the print run isn't very high

Right now the only thing I hate more that bringing back 24 is season 2 of The Following.

I'm unable to locate the info with various searches. Can the person who listed the print runs for ASM V2 #1 thru #30 bump that post again? I'm pretty sure it was in this thread but it may have been in the ASM Appreciation Thread.

Vamplets is hot on day 1. Does anyone think the ashcan from Halloween will heat up too ?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vamplets&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Is it just Larrys variant selling like hot cakes? I'm not seeing much movement on the cover A or B, which I preordered 10 of lol