• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

It's been that high for quite awhile. (shrug)

why though? hype?? more people reading???

the next walking dead #1 :fear:

40 Saga 1* $2.99 Image 37,641

22 Saga 18 $2.99 Image 53,139

More people reading.

hm

No.

Interesting Jeff. Do you think the increase in the print run is attributable to speculators? I stopped hoarding raw copies of Saga and just have slabbed run with a few multiples.

No, I am hoping it's readers but I do not see that as the big contributor to driving up the price of the #1.

Personally the only reason I would want there to be Saga variant covers would be to have a chance of getting some sort of Saga OA!

You had a chance and passed. (shrug)

I think he means if the variant cover featured art from a different artist, then he'd have a chance - similar to the Ghost cover. If that's not it, then I don't know what he means.

And he had a chance at the Ghost cover and passed.

I know I did man and I completely regretted it after it sold :( even went to the extent to ask what price the buyer was looking for for it but he was asking for a lot more so didn't end up going for it

Would be cool though if there was more Saga OA even if it was from other artists

Edited by krazykris7

Personally the only reason I would want there to be Saga variant covers would be to have a chance of getting some sort of Saga OA!

I think he means if the variant cover featured art from a different artist, then he'd have a chance - similar to the Ghost cover. If that's not it, then I don't know what he means.

I know I did man and I completely regretted it after it sold :( even went to the extent to ask what price the buyer was looking for for it but he was asking for a lot more so didn't end up going for it

Would be cool though if there was more Saga OA even if it was from other artists

I see this all the time. A key piece is available, and no one is willing to step up. Until someone does. Then, almost instantaneously, everyone else regrets their fence-sitting and wishes they had been the one to commit. Some collectors only need to learn this lesson once.

As for SAGA OA...I wouldn't be surprised if there was some actual Fiona OA at some point in the future... hm

(To those lurkers who will now write Jason...tell him I said hi!)

It seemed none of the potential buyers believed it would sell. I got quite a few emails/PM's after I sold it wishing they had bought it. It was available for awhile.

I see this all the time. A key piece is available, and no one is willing to step up. Until someone does. Then, almost instantaneously, everyone else regrets their fence-sitting and wishes they had been the one to commit. Some collectors only need to learn this lesson once.

As for SAGA OA...I wouldn't be surprised if there was some actual Fiona OA at some point in the future... hm

(To those lurkers who will now write Jason...tell him I said hi!)

I remember browsing awhile back and I saw Fiona participated in a kickstarter where she did a commission. I wonder who the lucky guy was that scored that.