• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

I never used to think of this book as scarce, but in 12 years on eBay I've never seen a single raw copy for sale! (And I'd remember if I had, because I've been looking for one!) The only raw copy I've ever seen offered is the one currently at Metropolis.

Have I just had poor luck, or is it really that HTF?

WTF?

junior14a_zpsff97f7c0.jpg

Fox's covers from 1947-1949 are some of my favorites of all time. Kamen, Baker, and bosomy brunettes with almost nothing on. I can't believe they got away with this stuff, and of course this "outrageous!" factor has always been a huge part of their appeal.

Here ya go:

zoots_zpsa9fcb2b4.jpg

It may be a lower/mid grade copy, but I'm very happy to have this one in the vault :cloud9:

sci1.61a.jpg

Very nice presenting copy. (thumbs u

+1, congrats. Love this cover! :applause:

It may be a lower/mid grade copy, but I'm very happy to have this one in the vault :cloud9:

sci1.61a.jpg

Very nice presenting copy. (thumbs u

+1, congrats. Love this cover! :applause:

Thanks! I was very happy to come across this copy. It seems like presentable early Fox issues with Joe Simon or Lou Fine covers are becoming increasingly difficult to find.