• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

One booth at WonderCon yesterday was entirely devoted to high grade CGC bronze. Not only that but he had a really well done display with integral board lighting and black covered boxes in front which really gave his booth a high end look. Prices matched the look.

Prices on nice average non-CGC bronze at the show were consistently $20. With Golden Age pretty much not around or stratospherically priced and Bronze Age an affordable entry point for new collectors I can't help but see a positive long term trend for good material.

Any idea who the dealer was?

One booth at WonderCon yesterday was entirely devoted to high grade CGC bronze. Not only that but he had a really well done display with integral board lighting and black covered boxes in front which really gave his booth a high end look. Prices matched the look.

Prices on nice average non-CGC bronze at the show were consistently $20. With Golden Age pretty much not around or stratospherically priced and Bronze Age an affordable entry point for new collectors I can't help but see a positive long term trend for good material.

Any idea who the dealer was?

I looked but not being in the market didn't write down or remember.

When I saw the booth on Friday I was like wow...that's a impressive booth.

I tend to stay away from booths like that. The costs of the books will give me a nose bleed. Not saying the books weren't fabulous I just don't want to look at the price associated with it.

When I saw the booth on Friday I was like wow...that's a impressive booth.

I tend to stay away from booths like that. The costs of the books will give me a nose bleed. Not saying the books weren't fabulous I just don't want to look at the price associated with it.

Aren't conventions supposed to be about deals anyway? I mean, I get that some stuff is priced high to keep drawing eyes but...aren't conventions supposed to be about deals anyway? Haha...

Aren't conventions supposed to be about deals anyway? I mean, I get that some stuff is priced high to keep drawing eyes but...aren't conventions supposed to be about deals anyway? Haha...

That's a relative term. Some peoples deals are anothers trash.

Werewolf By Night #32 is on fire @ $260 & 60 watchers. What's happening? Was the new comic that good? hm

That comic is ridiculous on ebay, only reason I got one for a half decent price is cause a local dealer had one. I'm happy to see people taking an interest in Moon Knight, but at the same time the prices are ridiculous.

To answer my own question: The new Moon Knight series has been extremely interesting. I have enjoyed the first two issues and the second issue was certainly visually interesting and artist. Love the placement of panels (or lack there of).

Not sure if that has anything to do with his hot 1st app. though. hm

The best Moon Knight stuff was in the 70's Magazine series - I was kind of blown away by it when I read the Essentials and went back and got all the original copies.

The best Moon Knight stuff was in the 70's Magazine series - I was kind of blown away by it when I read the Essentials and went back and got all the original copies.

I never really read any Moon Knight books when I was a kid. My 1st real experience with MK was when those baxter paper reprints hit the stands. I think it was a 3-issue run. Some joker looking homicidal killer slashing nurses or something. It was intense.

I never really read any Moon Knight books when I was a kid. My 1st real experience with MK was when those baxter paper reprints hit the stands. I think it was a 3-issue run. Some joker looking homicidal killer slashing nurses or something. It was intense.

That was the end of the magazine run.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-PRESENTS-4-VF-8-0-GUARDIANS-OF-THE-GALAXY-1976-/301167224653?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item461ef7274d

OK, maybe an anomoly, but whatever. I see some other healthy sales.

These are books I bought whenever I saw them for many years after they got un-hot in the 90s/2000s. I may have 7-8 complete sets. Time to dig these babies up as it looks like after they got hot 6-9 months ago and cooled they are picking up steam again.