• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Voice In The Dark - Minotaur Press (Top Cow company)

275 posts in this topic

Hey Larime!

I just got back from Michael's where they matted & framed the signed print of the #6 cover.

20140426_165533.jpg

It really is a beautiful cover and it'll have a nice home in my collection. It was inspiring meeting you at WonderCon, and I hope we get to meet again soon!

Issue #7 comes out on the 21st, and the trade hits shelves on 6/11. Here are the covers!

a_voice_in_the_dark___issue_7_by_somnambule-d7gc44v.png

zoey___a_voice_in_the_dark___trade_cover_by_somnambule-d7h9m3q.png

The next arc, which will jump to color (colored by my wife, who colors the covers), begins in September. It'll be a new #1 with a summary of the story so far Locke and Key style, so it's a good jumping-on point for anyone who sat out the first run because it was black and white.

Edited by Larime Taylor

What's up Larime ? I gotta tell you, I'm really looking forward to the full color series. Your wife rocks those covers and I think you are even better now than when I first saw your art and that is saying something. (worship)

That cover to #7 is great and...sick, in a good kind of way. Congrats man :applause:

Wow!!! The new covers are stunning! The B&W worked for the first arc with Zoey adjusting to her new life on campus and her murderous urges kept in check, but from the covers it looks like Zoey's bloodlust is ready to spill out, and I'm really looking forward to the vibrancy that color will bring to the next arc.

I know you were concerned about the extra labor of a full color book. How do you & your wife intend to handle the extra work while meeting the monthly deadlines?

I'm writing the scripts now, and shooting from now through the end of June. I'll start drawing in July, which means she can start painting in July. That gives us all of July and August to get a head start before issues start coming out in September.