• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
18 18

4,427 posts in this topic

I've gotten into the habit of snagging and collecting grade worthy copies of the programs whenever I attend a con. This one is the only blue label on the census from last year's Dallas Fan Day's event. I'm on the hunt for other con books if anyone has decent spares. :baiting:

0204142103072.jpg

I've gotten into the habit of snagging and collecting grade worthy copies of the programs whenever I attend a con. This one is the only blue label on the census from last year's Dallas Fan Day's event. I'm on the hunt for other con books if anyone has decent spares. :baiting:

0204142103072.jpg

Cool book, but wrong thread bud. This thread is for yellow label goodness aka CGC SS slabs.

:wink:

0204142103072.jpg

Cool book, but wrong thread bud. This thread is for yellow label goodness aka CGC SS slabs.

:wink:

:facepalm:

I blame it on my noobness, hehe. My mistake gents... carry on!

Okay----perhaps not a Stephen King rarity or a sci-fi icon in writing such as Ellison---but Star Wars fans are going to know this guy. And by his own admission, does not do shows. This was pretty much "one of" event, a writers convention not too far from me.

Alan Dean Foster, who if memory serves, wrote the first "expanded" Star Wars universe novelization with "Splinter of the Mind's Eye." I remember as a kid hearing that (pre-Empire) this was going to be the sequel to Star Wars.

Star Wars Splinter of the Mind's Eye #1 & #3 CGC 9.8 s/s Alan Dean Foster

swsplinter1A.jpg

swsplinter3A.jpg

Definitely not the most popular book on the planet, but one of my favorite covers.

Dark Shadows #1 from Dynamite. Signed by Francesco Francavilla. Only two copies of this book on the census. This is the only copy with this cover and its also the highest graded (other is a 9.6).

Sorry for the cellphone pic:

photo_zpsabda32d5.jpg

Okay----perhaps not a Stephen King rarity or a sci-fi icon in writing such as Ellison---but Star Wars fans are going to know this guy. And by his own admission, does not do shows. This was pretty much "one of" event, a writers convention not too far from me.

Alan Dean Foster, who if memory serves, wrote the first "expanded" Star Wars universe novelization with "Splinter of the Mind's Eye." I remember as a kid hearing that (pre-Empire) this was going to be the sequel to Star Wars.

swsplinter1A.jpg

swsplinter3A.jpg

this impresses me

swsplinter1A.jpg

swsplinter3A.jpg

this impresses me

Impressive, most impressive, but you are not a Jedi yet.

These books are awesome! :applause:

This is the only SS copy of The Brave And The Bold 66 on the census. It was signed by Ramona Fradon on 3/1/2014 at the Mike Carbo show.

Scan139_zps2f970ece.jpg

Awesome!!

(worship)