• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nova 1 fan club
2 2

106 posts in this topic

Nova and the whole Annihilation storyline was what sold me on Richard's being a bad . Until then I liked the character but after 2008 I LOVED the character. (thumbs u

I finally picked this story line up. I will be reading it this week I hope.

For the grammar nerds: amongst vs. among at slate.com.

Words that are used incorrectly are not having a "comeback", it only means that fewer users are educated as to proper usage.

And I might add, it's not grammar at all; it's antiquated. Period. :grin:

Picked these up recently. Expecting NOVA to increase in popularity as they play a larger role in MCU in coming flix.

NOVA9896B.jpg

Very nice books!

Did you pick them up slabbed?

Yes, picked up slabbed.

Might have to hold on a little longer. :( Looks like Nova isn't coming to the screen anytime soon.

http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-no-nova/

“I don’t want Nova right now because I think Quill being the only earthling is important. That serves the entire movie going audience and not just the handful of Nova fans. Sorry if that upsets you.”

also, while they could certainly change the story, this makes the original connection challenging...

A few other interesting tidbits came from James Gunn’s comments (hat tip CBM) including the revelation that Marvel cannot use the villain Annihilus - a very important character who was essential in helping bring the modern versions of the Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova together. It was Annihilus who began his invasion of the cosmos by eradicating the Nova Corps, leaving Richard Rider as its sole survivor. For more on that, I highly recommend reading the Marvel Comics crossover events Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest – the events leading to 2008′s GOTG relaunch.

Edited by sl4ppy

I'm hanging on to one copy of this book and selling off the rest. I have no idea what to think about the way they are treating the Nova Corps in GOTG, but just from the trailer I don't like the uniforms at all and they come off as incompetent.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. I'm glad I got rid of my extras after that comment above about not wanting any other humans in GoTG for the time being. Could be 2020 or beyond before any love for this book and I can work on other projects that will increase in price before tackling one that has a cooling off period.