• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman: The Man of Steel #17 & 18 (Doomsday)
3 3

879 posts in this topic

Question: which would be more desirable to have, MOS 17 2nd print in 9.8 or MOS 18 5th print in 9.8?

I would want both for my collections sake but if I could only have one I would pick MOS 18 5th print.

Question: which would be more desirable to have, MOS 17 2nd print in 9.8 or MOS 18 5th print in 9.8?

I would want both for my collections sake but if I could only have one I would pick MOS 18 5th print.

(thumbs u

In the 6 months since I started this thread and after 19 pages of comments, I still cannot decide which MOS issue (#17 or 18) I like better. I can say I prefer both of them over Superman #75. I also think both sides make a good point about the which first appearance of Doomsday merits a genuine first appearance, the' cameo versus full' argument. MOS #17 is indeed just an arm after all, but the the teaser page tells us Doomsday is coming! Then again, how can you beat a full appearance?

Also, I think a signature line with all 5 printings of MOS 18 in 9.8 would look cool!

As a collector, I only put weight on full apps with the new character featured on the cover. :sumo:

As a seller, I'm all for muddying the waters . . . :grin: You guys can argue 'til the cows come home as long as buyers keep buying. :insane:

As a seller, I'm all for muddying the waters . . . :grin: You guys can argue 'til the cows come home as long as buyers keep buying. :insane:

lol

At least you are honest.

:foryou:

lol And as for that fifth printing stuff . . . senseless $$$ :roflmao:

In the 6 months since I started this thread and after 19 pages of comments, I still cannot decide which MOS issue (#17 or 18) I like better. I can say I prefer both of them over Superman #75. I also think both sides make a good point about the which first appearance of Doomsday merits a genuine first appearance, the' cameo versus full' argument. MOS #17 is indeed just an arm after all, but the the teaser page tells us Doomsday is coming! Then again, how can you beat a full appearance?

Also, I think a signature line with all 5 printings of MOS 18 in 9.8 would look cool!

good luck getting a 5th printing 9.8! My 5th printing will not get to a 9.8, but Dan Jurgens is going to be at C2E2 and I might try to get all printings signed by him and have CGC witness it.

Nice, I hope your 9.8 holds. I saw a 5th print 9.8 for sale on ebay last December, the BIN was only $150. The thing is that it was the holiday season and the picture was kind of blurry. With the timing and image quality, I didn't feel comfortable with it, so I passed. It did not take long to sell.

I have two 5th print 9.8's and I plan to send one in to be signed eventually. I just have to hope it holds the 9.8 grade.

Sorry I didn't know about this before, I would have had you send it to me and I would have brought it with me to C2E2. But I leave tomorrow for Chicago.

I am bringing a few copies for him to sign with me.

I have two 5th print 9.8's and I plan to send one in to be signed eventually. I just have to hope it holds the 9.8 grade.

Sorry I didn't know about this before, I would have had you send it to me and I would have brought it with me to C2E2. But I leave tomorrow for Chicago.

I am bringing a few copies for him to sign with me.

No problem at all. I usually try to get 10 or so books done at once and still need several more 9.8 candidates before I submit for another signing. That is nice of you though, thanks. Have a great time at the show.