• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I'm gonna go out on a Groot limb and say that not only will the movie be a big hit, but Groot and Rocket Raccoon will be the next thing in toys. Start stocking up in August for your kids' Christmas wish lists.

Everyone keeps saying Rocket is going to be huge with kids. Parents are OK with their kids watching and adoring a character with huge guns blazing a lot (killing)? I don't see how this would be OK for Saturday morning cartoons.

I'm gonna go out on a Groot limb and say that not only will the movie be a big hit, but Groot and Rocket Raccoon will be the next thing in toys. Start stocking up in August for your kids' Christmas wish lists.

Everyone keeps saying Rocket is going to be huge with kids. Parents are OK with their kids watching and adoring a character with huge guns blazing a lot (killing)? I don't see how this would be OK for Saturday morning cartoons.

Parents are too busy enjoying their decriminalized marijuana and downloading pointless apps to care what their kids are watching. Rocket Raccoon will do just fine as a cartoon!

Why wouldn't they be? Today's parents grew up watching GI Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Transformers cartoons.

Parents are too busy enjoying their decriminalized marijuana and downloading pointless apps to care what their kids are watching. Rocket Raccoon will do just fine as a cartoon!

Some parents monitor what their kids watch like my wife and myself. However, a raccoon with guns doesn't bother me as much as the other stuff my son could watch that is inappropriate.

I haven't invested much I got my GoG #1 9.8 signed by Stan Lee for a grand total of $51. Stan Lee sig was a gift. I actually am quite excited for the movie. My gf after seeing the trailer wants everything Rocket. I think it will bring in a decent amount of women which will help. It has a good amount of buzz at the moment and it opens in a spot with not a lot of competition, although August is notoriously a slower Summer month for box office.. I think if it approaches $150mil domestic its golden. Overseas will take care of the rest. It also is suppose to feature Thanos and play into Avengers 3. Marvels brand also means something right now. But I guess we'll just have to wait. I personally think it looks bad , I'll be there opening weekend..

I grew up on Scooby Doo, Hong Kong Phooey, Captain Caveman, Thundarr, Space Ghost, Speed Buggy, and the like. I was also hunting and had my own .22 and was fishing with my dad by the time I was 5 years old. No guns and killing on TV but in the real world... lol

The violence level in this movie will fall in the "least of Hollywood's problems" imo.

Personally I think the majority think it's going to be a horrible movie however those who are invested in it will do everything in their power to pump this movie so they can dump it on the sheep.

This is interesting to me... Marvel hasn't invested in new property like in forever. Everyone there has influence and unlike Sony or Fox, Marvel seems to be doing mostly everything right. It's not like they don't have great source material. Just fine it strange that anyone would have doubts that this is going to be lame... Unlike John Carter, Marvel is driving the bus, but like John Carter, Disney super conglomerate is driving the bank. I can't imagine it's going to be anything other than epic.

Who knows though, I may be very wrong.

Also, I'm amazed CGC doesn't have labels just for Stan Lee's signature at this point. Feels like the man has signed 1/3 of the marvel books out there... Even the ones he had nothing to do with...

Brian
Runaways #1 @ $13 & 38 watchers. Seriously, what happened? Did I miss a TV show announcement?

First #6, than #14 and now Captain America #1 @ $20 & 4 bids is in the act. hm

Brian K Vaughan = Monies

Just because? There is suddenly two or three copies on Lyria and all of them have a fair deal of watchers. Makes me suspicious. hm

Brian
Runaways #1 @ $13 & 38 watchers. Seriously, what happened? Did I miss a TV show announcement?

First #6, than #14 and now Captain America #1 @ $20 & 4 bids is in the act. hm

Brian K Vaughan = Monies

Just because? There is suddenly two or three copies on Lyria and all of them have a fair deal of watchers. Makes me suspicious. hm

A conspiracy of the Watchers. First Uatu and now this. lol

I'm just having fun whetteon. I'm curious as to why a large number of watchers makes you suspicious. I don't know what these usually bring but I do know my kids really like this story. There are little mini trades of the Runaways everywhere around here. :grin:

I suppose it's because I haven't noticed the attention the title has been getting until last week when they suddenly popped up on the website. Usually that means some sort of TV show or movie rumor but I haven't heard anything.

Glad to know your kids like them! We need more young people in the hobby and I think comic stories now are the best they've ever been. Just so much else is competing for their allowance.

I wasn't aware that it was only a recent development. (thumbs u

I agree about the young people but my kids make comics secondary to other things like games and such. I have a daughter who loves Sandman but novels are more her thing and a son who thinks East of West is better than Star Wars ( he loves SW ) but neither hold a candle to Assassin's Creed or Last of Us. lol