• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Pack Your Books For Shipping - by Boozad
12 12

586 posts in this topic

Bumping this thread for the newbies and for everyone - I just sent off a package with some books I sold on eBay, and I am damn glad I take the time to pack well. As my mailman got back in his Jeep, I watched him fling the box into the back of it.

:frustrated:

Seriously, package any book you send out how you would want it to arrive to you if you were the buyer - if not better.

(thumbs u

-slym

Bumping this thread for the newbies and for everyone - I just sent off a package with some books I sold on eBay, and I am damn glad I take the time to pack well. As my mailman got back in his Jeep, I watched him fling the box into the back of it.

:frustrated:

Seriously, package any book you send out how you would want it to arrive to you if you were the buyer - if not better.

(thumbs u

-slym

:applause: .

Today I received a very intelligently wrapped, yet effective parcel. I suppose most of the items used are relatively below average cost? I am not so sure about that but I do know this one survived the journey from USA to Singapore in one piece.

Another guide for sellers looking for reference. :)

I did a collage out of the many layers for easier viewing.

Packing1_zps0a47c6d6.jpg

Thank you AntBrown.

The Stephen Gould #35 box, for shipping 30+ slabs - has anyone been able to purchase one, or is it a custom solution for CGC? And has anyone duplicated the inner floating structure - essentially a box within a box?

mathIsHard_zps76e9f5ad.jpg

Good, then you won't mind I have $0 in my bank account!

Barbie didn't just fall off the turnip truck..., (tsk)

no wait.... Totleben's hand trembled when he ended off the "N" in his signature???

dang....this is hard.... any clue?

Not quite sure how shipping a slab in a medium flat rate box would make Totleben's hand tremble...

hm

Maybe from outrage, but you'd need a time machine to make it happen.

It looks like the cover may have come off from the book or is that the paper they put into the book?

:winnah:

Wait are you saying that the book has detached from both staples? As a result of it's shipping method?

It looks like the cover may have come off from the book or is that the paper they put into the book?

:winnah:

Wait are you saying that the book has detached from both staples? As a result of it's shipping method?

The cover isn't entirely detached, but it is significantly torn at both staples, and the interior is now sticking up 1/8" at the top edge.

And yes, this happened because of impact during shipping. Slabs need "float room" to prevent them from being harshly jarred in transit. This is usually accomplished through bubble wrap. The Flat Rate boxes have just enough space for the slab and maybe a single layer of bubble wrap. This is not effective at preventing this type of damage.

While not foolproof, had the book been surrounded with bubble wrap, the impact to the box may have been absorbed by the bubble wrap, and potentially eliminating the damage shown (which has ruined the book. It is no longer a 9.6.)