• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

I'm trying to find a raw blank sketch cover for Hama #200. LCS didn't order me one and now I can't find it anywhere. The retailer incentive B cover, not the Yesteryear cover.

I'm also trying to fill a few gaps in my collection. If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize. These just never seem to come up on ebay:

Cobra II #1 2nd print

GI Joe vs Cobra #3 2010 con edition

GI Joe #3 (Civil War) RIB

Hearts and Minds Barnes and Noble #1 and #3

Danger Girl/GI Joe #1 RIB J. Scott Campbell unique sketch cover

Marvel Special Missions #1 Zeck sketch

I'm not a CGC guy, but I am a raw book GI Joe completist. Missing this many comics sometimes keeps me up at night. Thanks for any help!

Yes, if you don't count foreign language releases, which I do pick up here and there. I also collect the coloring books, kids books, Joe-related magazine covers, puzzles, and basically anything in print. But as for the comics, I'm only missing these few. What to do and where to look? I thought I might get more of a response here. Thanks for looking anyway!

I know of 2 boardies, including myself, who have the special missions Zeck sketch, but neither are for sale. I came across mine on ebay for $15 bin about 8 years ago (I'm not sure it was $15 but it was cheap). I didn't know it even existed before that and it was very random that I came across it. One will show up, just keep looking...The others on your list are too modern for me. I started out collecting the first IDW series but then there were too many joe titles and variants every month and I lost interest.

Good luck with your search...

Yes, if you don't count foreign language releases, which I do pick up here and there. I also collect the coloring books, kids books, Joe-related magazine covers, puzzles, and basically anything in print. But as for the comics, I'm only missing these few. What to do and where to look? I thought I might get more of a response here. Thanks for looking anyway!

Hey Shotgun - I keep meaning to look through my stash to see if I might have some of these extra but haven't had time... Maybe this weekend I'll pull the boxes from the closet and give them a look.

:wishluck:

I have a dozen or so GI Joe sketched blank covers. Here are my latest 2:

BanksRd4Stormshadow.jpg

Baronessw_heads_zps659f03f1.jpg

Storm Shadow (by Blanks) came in a 9.6 - the Baroness (by Kurth) a 9.8

Very cool! :applause: I want to see all your sketches if you ever have time to post them. (thumbs u

I just took a look at what I have- I have do have an extra copy of the Fun Pub. 2010 "Mind Games"...frankly I'm not sure if this is the one you need, or the other 2010 "Flint's vacation" (I don't have an extra of this one).

They both have "2010 convention" badge on the front.

If it's the Mind Games you're looking for, it's yours.

I have a dozen or so GI Joe sketched blank covers. Here are my latest 2:

BanksRd4Stormshadow.jpg

Baronessw_heads_zps659f03f1.jpg

Storm Shadow (by Blanks) came in a 9.6 - the Baroness (by Kurth) a 9.8

Very cool! :applause: I want to see all your sketches if you ever have time to post them. (thumbs u

That Stormy is gorgeous! What a gem. I'll post some of my sketches soon. I've only ever bought them at comic shops or online, and they're not nearly as detailed as these. How do you folks get yours? Do you actually send away and pay the artist for a sketch? Do you request them at cons? I've only ever asked for signatures when I meet an artist. Maybe I'm being too shy. I love what I see here!

I'm trying to find a raw blank sketch cover for Hama #200. LCS didn't order me one and now I can't find it anywhere. The retailer incentive B cover, not the Yesteryear cover.

I'm also trying to fill a few gaps in my collection. If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize. These just never seem to come up on ebay:

Cobra II #1 2nd print

GI Joe vs Cobra #3 2010 con edition

GI Joe #3 (Civil War) RIB

Hearts and Minds Barnes and Noble #1 and #3

Danger Girl/GI Joe #1 RIB J. Scott Campbell unique sketch cover

Marvel Special Missions #1 Zeck sketch

I'm not a CGC guy, but I am a raw book GI Joe completist. Missing this many comics sometimes keeps me up at night. Thanks for any help!

Hey Shotgun - I check and I have no extra's of these... sorry man. Good luck, I understand your OCD!!!

mycomicshop has a ton of mistakes too.

I think it's fair to say there are only a few of us who keep track of these. lol

But it's fun though! (thumbs u

Yeah, I noticed that, too. They say "all second printings say second printing", which we know isn't true.

Little help please, how is this a first print: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140492619666?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I thought the black spiderman head was the giveaway that it was a reprint? Then I found this one from the same seller and it is marked as a second print but I don't see any difference: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130499525701?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks.

They're both second prints, CGC didn't mark the first one correctly, they missed that it was a second print. doh!

The seller probably didn't put on the invoice form that it was a second print, and CGC also missed it. :tonofbricks:

(tsk) not so fast.

You can't just go by "Black Spidey" = 2nd print. It depends on the issue.

For example Joe #26 1st prints are the Black Spidey; however, the price changes from .60 to .75 on the 2nd printing.

Issues 18, 25, 29 and 30 you can't tell by the cover. Both the 1st prints and 2nd prints have the Black Spidey AND the same price.

Those books are probably graded correctly.

Point of clarification: the black spidey head commenced on the May/June, 1984 cover dated Marvels. Any issue with the black Spidey head would have to have been printed AFTER Spidey #252.

Issue #18, which has a Dec 1983 cover date, would have a regular Spidey head for the first printing, which it does.