• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

if that 50 cent piece is before 64 then it's got silver and it's worth more...

Nah, it's from 1990. Nice and shiny though.

I've found some late 1970s Pete Roses and various noteworthy-name rookie cards so I am sure I made my money back on this deal.

Also, I went back to the yard sale and for $5, I bought me one of them talking Darth Vader helmets (complete with inner microphone and chest panel that can breathe hard and say Darth Vadery things). My cranium is too big for it but it'll make a fun gift for someone. They threw in a light saber for free, along with a Comic Con swag bag from 2008. So I am nerded out to the max here.

One of the comics is a NM "Ninjak #1" from 1993 with chromium cover from Valiant. It's probably not worth much but it looks really cool.

(worship)

I didn't know what Ninjak was but a quick search suggests it's a bit of a Ninjoke?

Whatever the case, I am now a proud member of the Ninjak #1 club!

146720.jpg.489efcd2719c6fc987581f1e7968183f.jpg

Actually found something at the antique store yesterday worth reporting. $7 for both.

IMG_0072_zps60f7c3f8.jpg

Teen Titans isn't much better than a 6.5, but still nice. Darkhawk is probably 9.0, 9.2.

(Sorry for the crappy phone pic)

:applause:

I went to a flea market on my lunch break today and I saw some books my gut was just telling me to buy.

I'll be honest, don't know much about these except that the Star Wars #2 says 35 cents reprint so I thought that was cool but I figured for $4 for all of them, why not.

imagejpg1_zps642abf9d.jpg

One of the comics is a NM "Ninjak #1" from 1993 with chromium cover from Valiant. It's probably not worth much but it looks really cool.

(worship)

I didn't know what Ninjak was but a quick search suggests it's a bit of a Ninjoke?

Whatever the case, I am now a proud member of the Ninjak #1 club!

I used to buy every chromium cover comic on the stands lol

Even though the stories inside are almost never any good, I still like the look and feel of those covers.

Went to a couple places this morning - one yard sale and one antique collectibles show. I found a few good ones at the yard sale for $30

Comicsbroughtatyardsales_zps1ffc3c4f.jpg

Comicsbroughtatyardsales1_zpsd7a802c2.jpg

Comicsbroughtatyardsales2_zpseb0081d8.jpg

And then from the antique show:

I got this ... This is a GA (1947) mid-grade book. I've seen these ones on eBay listed and they go for crazy prices. I think OSPG underrated it what I'm seeing. It's not often one would find this in nice condition. I paid $70 with some other books thrown in.

CommunismComicBook_zpscb195786.jpg

Went to a couple places this morning - one yard sale and one antique collectibles show. I found a few good ones at the yard sale for $30

Comicsbroughtatyardsales_zps1ffc3c4f.jpg

Comicsbroughtatyardsales1_zpsd7a802c2.jpg

Comicsbroughtatyardsales2_zpseb0081d8.jpg

And then from the antique show:

I got this ... This is a GA (1947) mid-grade book. I've seen these ones on eBay listed and they go for crazy prices. I think OSPG underrated it what I'm seeing. It's not often one would find this in nice condition. I paid $70 with some other books thrown in.

CommunismComicBook_zpscb195786.jpg

The main reason I started this thread - to see great finds like this week after week. :applause:

Finally some of the board's Craigslist and auction luck rubbed off on me. Here's what I've been lucky to find in the last two weeks.

These are all from an estate auction:

96gghl.jpg

And then these are from a Craigslist find where a guy was selling a collection:

2vvuvww.jpg

10h2hw2.jpg

20fwcx.jpg

Included in this find are a full Wolverine limited series, two full NM sets of Infinity Gauntlet, and the other single issue goodness. I'm really excited about the Thanos Quests, the #1 has a solid shot at a 9.9.

However none of what I've found compares to this gem I found in the collection:

t86sra.jpg

I picked these up at an estate sale two weeks ago.

Just got them photo'd today.

These were the left overs after someone scooped the main lot.

Good chance at 9.6 here

Finally some of the board's Craigslist and auction luck rubbed off on me. Here's what I've been lucky to find in the last two weeks.

These are all from an estate auction:

96gghl.jpg

And then these are from a Craigslist find where a guy was selling a collection:

2vvuvww.jpg

10h2hw2.jpg

20fwcx.jpg

Included in this find are a full Wolverine limited series, two full NM sets of Infinity Gauntlet, and the other single issue goodness. I'm really excited about the Thanos Quests, the #1 has a solid shot at a 9.9.

However none of what I've found compares to this gem I found in the collection:

t86sra.jpg

Great pickups.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a 9.9.