• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just saw the new Captain America, The Winter Soldier

525 posts in this topic

I agree Marc, that it would be great to see both Falcon and the Winter Soldier in Avengers 2 but as Chuck said, there is already a lot going on in that movie. Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and the Vision have all been added to the list of new additions and Hawkeye and the Hulk have both been promised larger roles in the movie.

I have a few questions after seeing the movie online again and was able to take some notes:

If Cap 3 is supposed to be Cap finding Winter Soldier (Bucky) because Cap turns Fury down going to Europe and says he first needs to take care of something...

Will Falcon be in Avengers 2?

He is not currently listed on imdb.com cast list, but the cast list is very much incomplete at this time, so it's still possible.

Will Winter Soldier be in Avengers 2 as Cap will have been looking for him I would imagine before they have to AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
He is not currently listed on imdb.com cast list, but the cast list is very much incomplete at this time, so it's still possible. He's a pretty cool character, so it couldn't hurt, but a lot is going on in that movie already.

What was Fury doing taking off the eye patch and wearing glasses? Just to look different?
Going undercover.

They are obviously bringing back Crossbones. Wonder if it will be in Cap 3 or Avengers 2.

Most likely just Cap 3.

He is not currently listed on imdb.com Avengers 2 cast list, but the cast list is very much incomplete at this time, so it's still possible. A lot going on in that Age of Ultron storyline, maybe he'll get an after credits appearance? He IS mentioned on the imdb.com Captain America 3 page: "Captain America and Falcon continue their search for Bucky Barnes while going head to head with a new foe, Crossbones.'

Thanks and appreciate the discussion.,

As for Fury going undercover...seems a bit far fetched...not much difference between the patch and the glasses. But he was heading to Europe for some reason and wanted help. I wonder if Avengers 2 will have some of that carryover.

Interesting point about Crossbones being listed for Cap 3. If Cap does die in Cap 3...it won't be from Crossbones....it will be from something bigger...perhaps Thanos? For the battle in Avengers 3....

So much to speculate on and I love it. lol

I like how you don't think there's much difference between a guy wearing glasses and a guy wearing an eyepatch in terms of disguises.

I finally saw Cap 2 today. It was a good movie. Lots of action. Lots of ScarJo (she looked really good!). Also thought Cap's neighbor was quite the cutie.

And while I thought it was much better than the first Cap movie, I was a little "let down" (if you can call it that). People were talking it up like it was the best comic movie ever. It certainly wasn't that. Not nearly as good as either Iron Man or The Avengers. I'd put it on the same level as Thor 2. Maybe a little better, but not by much.

I thought it was really cool that it took place in DC and it's always neat when you can identify buildings, streets, etc... A building that I worked on was prominently shown in quite a few shots, so I really enjoyed that.

The plot was a little bit goofy. Found it a little hard to believe that Hydra could be so well entrenched into an organization such as SHEILD. But, whatever. I thought the scene on the elevator was pretty kickarse. The final battle between Cap & WS ended pretty lame and formulaic. Would've been nicer if it hadn't been so hackneyed.

Kinda sounds like I'm killing the movie, but I did enjoy it. It was good for what it was, a straight up action/popcorn flick. I think I just had too high an expectation based on everything I've read/heard. Probably the 3rd best of the Marvel flicks.

NEVER go into a movie with high expectations. Always best to go in with no expectations at all. (thumbs u

Very true Garry. I didn't go in expecting an Oscar winner. I expect comic book entertainment that will be far-fetched but hopefully not cheesy.

Cap 2 delivered for me. I put it up there with Iron man 1.

Saw the other day and really enjoyed it! Picked up the first trade for Brubaker's Cap run and am excited to read it.

Really surprising for me as Captain America has always seemed pretty boring.

I felt the same way for years....Cap was boring to me. I didn't read the Brubaker story when it came out and disregarded the whole Cap is dead thing as hype. But, I have to admit it's excellent writing and I really enjoyed the story.

Happy to say that after reading the first 7 issues, it's AWESOME!

Yea I picked up the Cap Ultimate Collection from Brubaker. I'd read it in pieces, but always felt confused about what was going on. Having read the first few issues, it is outstanding. I'd strongly recommend picking up the trade.

I have a few questions after seeing the movie online again and was able to take some notes:

If Cap 3 is supposed to be Cap finding Winter Soldier (Bucky) because Cap turns Fury down going to Europe and says he first needs to take care of something...

Will Falcon be in Avengers 2?

He is not currently listed on imdb.com cast list, but the cast list is very much incomplete at this time, so it's still possible.

Will Winter Soldier be in Avengers 2 as Cap will have been looking for him I would imagine before they have to AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!
He is not currently listed on imdb.com cast list, but the cast list is very much incomplete at this time, so it's still possible. He's a pretty cool character, so it couldn't hurt, but a lot is going on in that movie already.

What was Fury doing taking off the eye patch and wearing glasses? Just to look different?
Going undercover.

They are obviously bringing back Crossbones. Wonder if it will be in Cap 3 or Avengers 2.

Most likely just Cap 3.

He is not currently listed on imdb.com Avengers 2 cast list, but the cast list is very much incomplete at this time, so it's still possible. A lot going on in that Age of Ultron storyline, maybe he'll get an after credits appearance? He IS mentioned on the imdb.com Captain America 3 page: "Captain America and Falcon continue their search for Bucky Barnes while going head to head with a new foe, Crossbones.'

Thanks and appreciate the discussion.,

As for Fury going undercover...seems a bit far fetched...not much difference between the patch and the glasses. But he was heading to Europe for some reason and wanted help. I wonder if Avengers 2 will have some of that carryover.

Interesting point about Crossbones being listed for Cap 3. If Cap does die in Cap 3...it won't be from Crossbones....it will be from something bigger...perhaps Thanos? For the battle in Avengers 3....

So much to speculate on and I love it. lol

I like how you don't think there's much difference between a guy wearing glasses and a guy wearing an eyepatch in terms of disguises.

doesn't superman/clark kent have a similar disguise?

Is the whole story in Volume 1 of the trade, or do you need to get both volumes?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Peace,

Chip

I got the Ultimate Collection, like I said, and it collects issues 1-14. You get the entire Winter Soldier story, but it does leave you wanting more.

Personally, I think Brubaker might be the best in the business right now.

I just saw it on Friday for the first time and I thought it was amazing. This was easily a favorite of mine and the best Marvel feature since the first Iron Man IMHO. Iron Man 3 was a bit over the top in slapstick for me and I think Cap 2 took itself a little bit more seriously, which I thought was great.

So much for Captain America not going over well with international markets.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Already Closes In On $100 Million In China

The past few years have seen China become a vital market for Hollywood blockbusters, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier is no exception as it is already closing in on the $100 million mark after just 17 days of release. The exact number is $98.27 million according to The Hollywood Reporter, and part of why its worldwide cume is just days away from passing $600 million.

WOW!

(worship)

I heard the scene in the beginning when he is meeting The Falcon, his "To Do" lists is different in each country.

Has 24 THEATER votes now on my site.

www.filmigos.com

The past few years have seen China become a vital market for Hollywood blockbusters, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier is no exception as it is already closing in on the $100 million mark after just 17 days of release. The exact number is $98.27 million according to The Hollywood Reporter, and part of why its worldwide cume is just days away from passing $600 million.

WOW!

(worship)

Well, it should come close to $1B by summer's end then, considering it is highly rewatchable. Marvel has to be thrilled that one of the "other" (i.e, non Iron Man) Avengers characters broke out so impressively. Bodes real well for Avengers 2 next year.

WOW!

(worship)

Don't you know - foreign audiences are dumb.

just saw it last night and enjoyed it, I don't know much about cap so I have a few questions.

1. what are the things that make people think crossbones will be in the net one?

2. who's the blonde agent living next to cap?

finally a comic question.

what issues actually show cap being blown out of the sky and falling into the ocean and getting all froze up?

WOW!

(worship)

Don't you know - foreign audiences are dumb.

I never thought so.

:foryou: