• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,373 posts in this topic

A saying I say to myself whenever I view her artwork is: J.Fris is the shiz.

If you shut off the light, light a candle and say it 5 times in the mirror, maybe she'll appear! :wishluck::whee:

she appears...with her fiancé.

Just because there is a goalie doesn't mean you can't score! :applause:

If you shut off the light, light a candle and say it 5 times in the mirror, maybe she'll appear! :wishluck::whee:

lol

lol

:facepalm:lol

Dang, I'm reviving this thread (pun intended); no action in here in a while and not even today that a new issue dropped! Love's dying for Revival, huh? :shrug:

I got a chance to read issue 20 during my lunch break and thought it was really good. This title continues strong with excellent writing and awesome art! Without giving anything away, the first page had me like... :o

Also, I thought it was pretty cool that my old 'hood and stomping grounds got a shout-out in the storyline; albeit for a crime of course, but still... Hunts Point, in the Bronx, NY! Whoot whoot!! I think it's cool that Dana's coming to the Big Apple and that crazy old man Anders Hein is already here... I can't wait for the next issue!

I started pre-ordering my monthly titles online. Unfortunately, I JUST got #19 last week since I only have books delivered once a month ( :gossip: I'm cheap). #19 was great and I still love the characters and story. I guess I didn't have too much to discuss about #19. I can't wait to read #20 though! (thumbs u

I started pre-ordering my monthly titles online. Unfortunately, I JUST got #19 last week since I only have books delivered once a month ( :gossip: I'm cheap). #19 was great and I still love the characters and story. I guess I didn't have too much to discuss about #19. I can't wait to read #20 though! (thumbs u

Justin! You devilish esquire, you! :hi:

Yeah, I'm sure you'll like 20; there's a good amount of dialogue in it, so I enjoyed that it took more than 5 minutes to read it. This title is still tops on my list, man.

really enjoyed #20

being as i lived in Parkchester for a bit, im allowed to call it Chunts (no h) Point! lol

lol

Yeah I grew up in the BX, in Hunts Point. Parkchester is cool, nice area like Pelham Bay.

My favorite part of issue #20 was, as usual, the mentioning of pop culture.

the MST3K shout out to "Manos Hand of Fate" and Octopocalpyse. Although they don't mention MST3K - doubt anyone has seen the regular version of Manos.

Well this Chew/Revival crossover was pretty interesting. I haven't read Chew before so that was new to me. I didn't realize the premise was a split comic , each story set in the Revival world. It was kind of a fun departure from the serious Revival story lines I'm used to.

My only complaint is the $4.99 cover price lol

Did I mention the lying cat makes a cameo?

Without the sour, the sweet is not as sweet.

That is, your successes ( :wishluck: ) carry less weight if you ignore your misses.

Well, I'm afraid Revival was a miss for me. :sorry:

I purchased my Revival collection in March-2013. The most notable of which was quantity of four #1 sketch variants graded by CGC as 9.8.

And I just sold collection for a loss of 35% (after all fees [FeeBay]).

I will still read Revival and post my plot predictions. But I don't see any money in it.

More information is below in the spoiler tag (no plot spoilers -- just trying to better organize my rantrant ).

Plot prediction Still remains unchanged. Every revived person is missing a piece of themselves -- a bit like unfinished business in works like Ghost. As soon as one becomes whole, they become reunited with their ghost like figure. The series will end with Em finding herself and being reunited with her soul/spirit/whatever <--- and that will be signified by Em smiling.

The issue in which Em smiles will be a key Revival issue.

Why I sold my Revival collection I believe it was picked up by NBC Universal (along with Letter 44, Ronin & Clone) with the Syfy channel being the destination. I think they are upping the budget for Syfy due to the recent success of Sharknado.

The French version of the Revival trade paperback had stickers on it saying "endorsed by Syfy"; I felt good about my investment after seeing that trade last summer.

20130606_165957_zps9e8c586b.jpg

But, months later, I think NBC Universal dropped Revival. I became extremely confident of this fact after NBC Universal's UpFront event where they announced their plans for 2014 & 2015.

Lastly, other writers are starting to touch upon this same subject matter, one of which is Stephen King. By the same subject matter I mean a mystery revolved around what might exist on the other side of life as we know it.

All that said: I hope I am wrong. I thoroughly enjoy the story & it warrants great success in other forms of media.

I still have a 9.8 subscription and raw subscription to the book, and I will see it out. I still enjoy it for the most part, and I like several of the characters a lot. However, what really turned me off the series was the extremely political agenda pushed in the stereotypes used in the story.

Within the comics industry you are always going to get a bias towards the left, just because that's what most of the people writing and drawing are at. I can live with it, but Revival's stereotyping is so silly and absurd it borders on ludicrousness.

Stereotyping is a crutch for poor writing to begin with, but some of the stuff in Revival goes above and beyond. In my mind, regardless of what a person's personal opinion/feelings are, (agree or disagree), the agenda being pushed takes away from the book and generally weakens the story and plot.

Edited by CBT