• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Almost reached the $3000 goal in less than one day!

Wow! That's totally amazeballs. Thanks to the support of everyone -- (especially Chris Wick, who scooped up the "God of Todd" incentive!).

Offscript Gaming is run by a really smart dude. I'm stoked to have him as a supporter of TODD.

I am very upset.

I had a terrific find: Todd #! First Print CGC SS 9.8 -- signed by Ken Kristensen and Erik Carter.

But the postal service damaged it in transit. Pictures below.

20140430_210753_zps39408742.jpg

9304505d-7093-468f-8431-160d8ae9fac8_zpsa92fb6ab.jpg

Edited by revivedrevival

If it was mailed via USPS Priority, it's automatically insured for $50. See if you can claim insurance coverage from the post office and use that money to get it reslabbed; unless it looks like there was damage to the shell inside and thus the book itself.

How poorly was it packaged? The seller should pay for a reholder or full refund if the book was also damaged.

On a side note, I think that's the same book I was watching on eBay; very cool!

If it was mailed via USPS Priority, it's automatically insured for $50. See if you can claim insurance coverage from the post office and use that money to get it reslabbed; unless it looks like there was damage to the shell inside and thus the book itself.

How poorly was it packaged? The seller should pay for a reholder or full refund if the book was also damaged.

On a side note, I think that's the same book I was watching on eBay; very cool!

(1) The package denotes no shipping insurance.

(2) The actual shipping box was damaged. Thankfully, I took pictures before opening the box. I sent those pictures to the seller too.

(3) The seller used a box smaller than a 1095 & medium flat rate boxes. He wrapped the slab in bubble wrap but surrounded it with newspaper.

(4) Normally I would ask for $27 for a reholder fee. But in this instance, I am asking for a refund. it looks like the comic book took some damage (see the cropped picture in the previous post).

Lastly: I do not want to turn this into suggested resolution thread/discussion.

Those who know how to package properly, know you need to use a 1095 box. Even your USPS mailing boxes are too small. He messed up with the packaging.

I merely wanted to vent; I was looking forward to putting this book on my mantel (I have never looked forward getting my paws on slabbed book so much).

This slab was going to be my center mantel piece.

That said, I will listen to anyone who agrees or disagrees that the comic book was compromised.

Edited by revivedrevival

I would normally re-send into CGC. But I asked the seller for a refund.

I'm afraid the comic is compromised. With this corner damage, I don't think it's still a 9.8.

20140430_204544-1_zpsc69b061a.jpg

Is the line right above the small print a crease on the comic, a crack in the case, or a reflection?

I would normally re-send into CGC. But I asked the seller for a refund.

I'm afraid the comic is compromised. With this corner damage, I don't think it's still a 9.8.

20140501_160711-1_zps20430b11.jpg

Is the line right above the small print a crease on the comic, a crack in the case, or a reflection?

That's the crack.

I can PM you more pictures if you're curious.

That's the corner I believe that was compromised such that when I send it into CGC for a reholder, it will no longer be deemed a 9.8.

Edited by revivedrevival

Looks fine to me, a recase should be ok. I have had a lot worse. It is ok in the inner lining.

I edited my previous posts; I replaced the picture of the damage with a better image.

I don't like the look of the corner. I haven't seen many 9.8 slabs with corners like that.

I hope you're correct. I love these two sigs and I love this book.

I have seen worse corners. Many books that is the way they come. Saga is one that comes to mind. Looks fine. If I had shown you the last couple you'd of been crying that I received. I had a slab sent in en envelope. Turned out like you'd figure. Took the recase money and was fine with it.

Thanks for the feedback.

If anyone wants to give any input on the corner of the comic, please PM me.

I wouldn't be so upset if this was Ken/MK. But it's Ken/Erik_Carter.

I think a 2X SS in 9.8 condition with Ken/Carter with a signature date of July-2013 or earlier is a superb find for any Todd collector! Happy Hunting, everyone!

Edited by revivedrevival

Thanks for the feedback.

If anyone wants to give any input on the corner of the comic, please PM me.

I wouldn't be so upset if this was Ken/MK. But it's Ken/Erik_Carter.

I think a 2X SS in 9.8 condition with Ken/Carter with a signature date of July-2013 or earlier is a superb find for any Todd collector! Happy Hunting, everyone!

Erik will be happy to hear his signature is coveted!