• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Why do you all keep mocking me with the one issue of Action I don't own from the last 54 years?!!

:)

Hmmmm. Maybe we should start an Action Comics 300 Club thread. The issue is certainly popular enough....

???

Here are a couple lower grade Lois Lane books I picked up a while back when my LCS was having a buy one get one free sale.

LoisLane53.jpg

LoisLane92.jpg

BTW: I don't think those books are that low of a grade; they look quite nice and very collectible to me. And you can't beat a two-for-one sale. I'm a big fan of the title, too.

Superman 76 and WF 71 have long been books I wanted to acquire. I think I missed out on ever getting a SM 76 at a reasonable price as the Batman/Superman movie has had it's effect on that book.

006_zpse96eea6a.jpg

I love the "Now 10 cents" at the top of the book!! It's the beginning of a new era for the long-running title.

One of my favorite Goldens....

Even the foreign editions have jumped up in price. The Australian edition used to be a $5 reprint all day then recently sold for $465

Beautiful 5.5 you have. :applause::cloud9:

Im hoping i can squeek out a 4.0 my copy was from Mark Waid's private collection

20131218_190649_zps45c7c5c3.jpg

Adventure Comics 232 deslabbed by the seller (CGC 8.0 OW). Been looking for this book for a very long time, too.

227_zps7997010c.jpg

Pretty much every issue of Adventure Comics from the mid 1950s has an impressive cover. Your #232 is very nice indeed.

006_zpse96eea6a.jpg

I love the "Now 10 cents" at the top of the book!! It's the beginning of a new era for the long-running title.

Awesome copy of a very tough book Steve. :cloud9: In retrospect it seems hard to believe that Superman and Batman shared the Worlds Finest, title but in different stories for so long.

I wanted a 6.0 for this book but this CGC 5.5 with OW PQ fit the bill. It has a very clean spine, a feature very hard to come by for this book in this grade. It has a few other defects but I'll take those over a messed up spine that's hard on the eyes. It also was very affordable and I love the PQ.

245_zps04df2a66.jpg

242_zpsa0e66c1e.jpg

Third appearance of Krypto. Took me a long, long, time to find the first three appearances of Krypto in decent grades or at least grades that present well and were affordable.

wow this is amazing thanks for sharing :) You dont see this cover everyday

Im on a quest for Supes 76 to match my Worlds Finest 71