• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Zack Snyder talks ‘Batman vs. Superman’, the Batsuit, and more

Forbes blogger Mark Hughes got some time with Zack Snyder to discuss the film and more.

HUGHES: The media and fans kind of treat it like there’s this harsh competitiveness between Marvel and DC to the point you’re trying to hurt each other’s films. But my feeling is — and I wrote an article for Forbes about it saying — that’s not really true. There’s a competitiveness, but everyone wins when there’s a successful film in the genre, and nobody wants to cause the other’s films to fail. Is that true?

SNYDER: I think that’s 100% true. Look, I’m a fan of the Marvel movies… and the thing that’s awesome is, we make a different movie. We have a different product than them, although they both exist in sort of the superhero world, which is great. I think that those are the opportunities. That’s what you get at the movies, you get a chance to go to all these different worlds. And I’m as interested in going to the Marvel Universe as anybody. So, I personally don’t think that there’s any, from my point of view, we definitely don’t have any animosity or anything of that nature. We’re all in this big business together, and we hope people are interested in the adventures that we put up on screen. And I do believe it’s infectious, and the next weekend you’re like, “You know what? Let’s go do that again, that was awesome. We saw a cool movie, maybe we’ll get another cool movie.”

A classy answer!

:applause:

i also like this this respond

"The thing I was surprised about in response to Superman was how everyone clings to the Christopher Reeve version of Superman, you know? How tightly they cling to those ideas, not really the comic book version, but more the movie version… if you really analyze the comic book version of Superman, he’s killed, he’s done all the things - I guess the rules that people associate with Superman in the movie world are not the rules that really apply to him in the comic book world, because those rules are different. It’s just funny to see people really taking it personally… because I made him real, you know, I made him feel, or made consequences [in] the world. I really wanted to show the violence is real, people get killed or get hurt, and it’s not fun or funny. And I guess for me, it was like I wanted a hero in Superman that was a real hero and sort of reflected the world we live in now…"

"The thing I was surprised about in response to Superman was how everyone clings to the Christopher Reeve version of Superman, you know? How tightly they cling to those ideas, not really the comic book version, but more the movie version… if you really analyze the comic book version of Superman, he’s killed, he’s done all the things - I guess the rules that people associate with Superman in the movie world are not the rules that really apply to him in the comic book world, because those rules are different. It’s just funny to see people really taking it personally… because I made him real, you know, I made him feel, or made consequences [in] the world. I really wanted to show the violence is real, people get killed or get hurt, and it’s not fun or funny. And I guess for me, it was like I wanted a hero in Superman that was a real hero and sort of reflected the world we live in now…"

Nice! :applause:

Someone would approve.

dwayne-johnson-martianm.jpg

:wishluck:

Nice! :applause:

Someone would approve.

dwayne-johnson-martianm.jpg

:wishluck:

i do see it now it could be, if so then awesome plus i do hope they give him his new52 look.

Diane Lane BvS camera test are on their way

The actress told THR that she just came back from Detroit, where they’re doing camera tests for the highly-anticipated sequel. She said that she filmed a few shots of her feeling the Superman costume and joked that she hadn’t had the chance to do the same with the Batman costume.

She said that she filmed a few shots of her feeling the Superman costume and joked that she hadn’t had the chance to do the same with the Batman costume.

She's choosing sides already.

:baiting:

i'm thinking that we not going to see anything until mid next month and official photos at SDCC.

I bet you are right.

They definitely have Dwayne Johnson holding back on further information, which is good and bad. But the news has to be about a series of TV and movie projects if the DC/Warner team really wants to take advantage. And if there were definites on the pending projects (especially the non-superhero material), even better.

- Gotham (Fox TV, 2014-2015)

- The Flash (CW TV, 2014-2015)

- Constantine (NBC TV, 2014-2015)

- iZOMBIE (CW TV, TBD)

- Hourman (CW TV, TBD)

- DMZ (SYFY TV, TBD)

- Preacher (AMC TV, TBD)

- Scalped (WGN TV, TBD)

- Sandman (movie, TBD)

- Batman vs. Superman (movie, 2016)

- Justice League (movie, 2017?)

- Fables (rumored to be a movie, TBD)