• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

this is one of the statue that i want

0912_dcc_hq.jpg

And she is well worth it. Favorite statue in my admittedly small collection.

lucky

all the LCS are sold out of it in my area and ebay has them $200+ which sucks :cry:

Edited by kagenish

i wonder wants going to be different about this one

preview_PoisonIvyGreen.jpg

Her skin is a dark green instead of that flesh tone - faint green mix; her eyes are darker; her lips are dark green instead of red; the leaves on her costume are a different shade of green as well. I've also been told that there will be something different sculpted on the base, and something different about the lower portion of her costume as well. It'll be revealed Tuesday.

Most likely, this will have a much lower edition size than the other one. A good chance to get Ivy if you missed it initially and don't want to pay the premium the original goes for now. I love the sculpt, so I may or may not bite. Have to see the full thing first.

i wonder wants going to be different about this one

preview_PoisonIvyGreen.jpg

Her skin is a dark green instead of that flesh tone - faint green mix; her eyes are darker; her lips are dark green instead of red; the leaves on her costume are a different shade of green as well. I've also been told that there will be something different sculpted on the base, and something different about the lower portion of her costume as well. It'll be revealed Tuesday.

Most likely, this will have a much lower edition size than the other one. A good chance to get Ivy if you missed it initially and don't want to pay the premium the original goes for now. I love the sculpt, so I may or may not bite. Have to see the full thing first.

thanks i did miss the last one once i saw it in person it looked so much better i'll see this once is revealed Tuesday.

0912_dcc_hq.jpg

lucky

all the LCS are sold out of it in my area and ebay has them $200+ which sucks :cry:

I have that one too. Small, but really nice.

Just keep your eyes peeled, and I bet you'll eventually find one for a decent price.

COI, why is the Mrs. Marvel PF so danged expensive?

Some Sideshow pieces just catch fire once they've been sold out for a while. It was well received among collectors, and I'm guessing there are a lot of newer collectors chasing it. It's one of those pieces where you just have to pony up if you want it.

Some Sideshow pieces just catch fire once they've been sold out for a while. It was well received among collectors, and I'm guessing there are a lot of newer collectors chasing it. It's one of those pieces where you just have to pony up if you want it.

And there are two versions, correct?

And there are two versions, correct?

Yeah, an "exclusive" and a regular. The exclusive has two different head-sculpts, the regular just the one. Both versions are expensive, but you'll typically have to pay significantly more for the exclusive - a couple hundred more at least.

Edited by COI

With the expensive pieces, the logic usually is that there won't be a better piece made of that character for years if ever, so that drives up the price. I would agree with that as far as Ms. Marvel goes. If you're a fan, you can't really do better.

Good luck!

Here's Batman. When I get more time, I'll pull out Joker and Ivy for a family reunion.

bats1_zps6d95b2aa.jpg

bats3_zpsa8ee40bf.jpg

bats2_zps1643d801.jpg

batsgl_zps25db859e.jpg

Damn you! After seeing these pics I went on and ordered this AND ended up pre ordering the Harley Quinn PF too!!!

:frustrated:

0912_dcc_hq.jpg

lucky

Just keep your eyes peeled, and I bet you'll eventually find one for a decent price.

thanks you know i keeping an eye for it :)

0912_dcc_hq.jpg

lucky

thanks you know i keeping an eye for it :)

Don't pay $200+ for it - DC will re-issue a "variant" of this statue (see Mignola Batman BW, etc).

Here's Batman. When I get more time, I'll pull out Joker and Ivy for a family reunion.

]

Damn you! After seeing these pics I went on and ordered this AND ended up pre ordering the Harley Quinn PF too!!!

:frustrated:

Welcome to the insanity. Batman and Harley are a good place to start. I've got Harley and Superman coming in the next few weeks myself.

Wait until you see the Batman in person. You'll love it.