• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

What you need is a Weekly set. It was always a set I cared more about than the regular run

2) Tiny print run

Jim

how tiny ? hm

#1 8,858 copies and keeps receding for most issues, when numbers are in the 3,300 range for #37-39, and less than 3,000 copies of 49-52. Factor in they are the ugly red step child of the regular title and 9.8's become even scarcer.

I've always viewed it as THE collectors set to complete, because of the actual challenge it presents. The #1 Registry set for the title, doesn't even have a full complete set in 9.8.

Jim

Yea I didn't know it was that low too. I did just see that James might be interested, I'm sorry I don't wanna step on any toes with getting the WD weekly. :eek:

And the cover for 129 is awesome! But it does look like a bat but it also looks like some sort of wiring going into the base of the bat. Almost like electrical wires or cord. (shrug)

No toe stepping going on here......I'm still hell bent on the foreign variants at this time.I can't focus if I have to think about to many things at once. :foryou:

I've not yet read the Fall of the Governor, part two but have read WD #48 and always assumed Lilly Caul died in the prison (click, click, clic). This book talks about her surviving the prison hm wonder if that could be her on the cover of #127? Just food for thought.

I've not yet read the Fall of the Governor, part two but have read WD #48 and always assumed Lilly Caul died in the prison (click, click, clic). This book talks about her surviving the prison hm wonder if that could be her on the cover of #127? Just food for thought.

:hi: bro!

I was thinking the exact same thing...would also be a great way to bring in even more sales on the novels!!!

What you need is a Weekly set. It was always a set I cared more about than the regular run

2) Tiny print run

Jim

how tiny ? hm

#1 8,858 copies and keeps receding for most issues, when numbers are in the 3,300 range for #37-39, and less than 3,000 copies of 49-52. Factor in they are the ugly red step child of the regular title and 9.8's become even scarcer.

I've always viewed it as THE collectors set to complete, because of the actual challenge it presents. The #1 Registry set for the title, doesn't even have a full complete set in 9.8.

Jim

Yea I didn't know it was that low too. I did just see that James might be interested, I'm sorry I don't wanna step on any toes with getting the WD weekly. :eek:

And the cover for 129 is awesome! But it does look like a bat but it also looks like some sort of wiring going into the base of the bat. Almost like electrical wires or cord. (shrug)

No toe stepping going on here......I'm still hell bent on the foreign variants at this time.I can't focus if I have to think about to many things at once. :foryou:

You just need to buy half a dozen weeklies and the #48 9.9 and then I won't bother you anymore, as I'd be all out :sorry:

Jim

The Issue 129 tag points to a "new" way of disposing of the dead. The electric wire likely indicates an electric makeshift fence similar to a Testa Spike from Ratchet and Clank.

170px-Tesla_spikes.JPG

Issue 126 preview is up and it tells us nothing other than the immediate first page reaction to the Issue 125 conclusion.

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/the-walking-dead-126-preview/

twd126-preview3-small.jpg

The Issue 125 splash would likely have a price point of no lower than $5000. Regular Negan single page splashes are between $2000-3000. Prior Rick versus Negan splashes have had the characters standing still without any action. Most of the covers have likewise been staredowns. This is likely to be the only full page splash with Rick versus Negan action on large art board.

Wanted to share the book I just got back from CGC. 109. Drawn by Jaime Jones pencils and Tony Kordos inks at MegaCon. It's a 1 minute later scenario. Maggie and Sophia mourning Glenn, sitting in front of the grave and Glenn rises from the ground and attacks Maggie. I thought it was a cool idea and went well with the actually cover. I know his brains were bashed in, but what if right? Well enjoy.

photo1_zps7e08f2f1.jpg

photo2_zps6bd35579.jpg