• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditch Fahrenheit's Journal
7 7

17,386 posts in this topic

Hey Shelley, I made the coke can stove and it works great!

Awesome!

It's on my bucket list. :)

It fits nicely with my plans for the apocalypse. Gonna make a few more.

91% alcohol works nicely.

I think experimentation might net some useful results.

I'm guessing the number of jets affects the heat level and consumption rate; so, for example, you might find one design that's best for boiling water and another that's best for a frying pan.

Good ideas.

These things would be INVALUABLE on camping trips.

Hey Shelley, I made the coke can stove and it works great!

Awesome!

It's on my bucket list. :)

It fits nicely with my plans for the apocalypse. Gonna make a few more.

91% alcohol works nicely.

I think experimentation might net some useful results.

I'm guessing the number of jets affects the heat level and consumption rate; so, for example, you might find one design that's best for boiling water and another that's best for a frying pan.

Good ideas.

These things would be INVALUABLE on camping trips.

Backpacking too. Alcohol and propane stoves are expensive. I prefer to boil water for purification since the iodine tablets make the water taste horrible and reverse osmosis pumps are too large and take too long.

So I have two foreign films to recommend:

Lucia

Indian comic sci-fi psychological thriller. Very good.

Chinese Puzzle

French romantic comedy set mostly in New York. Excellent. Easily one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Smart. Great acting.

Does he discuss sexual freedom unconstrained and its effect on the decline of traditional marriage, courtship, and procreation?

I was thinking about your syntactically interesting phrase 'sexual freedom unconstrained' just now as I contemplated some posts in the Game of Thrones WC thread. I had to find your post to see if you used the word family. Characterized by both the gothic family fetish and sexual freedom unconstrained, Westeros is a civilization with the family as its polestar & libidinous zeal common like dandelions. Marriage is crucial but not traditional in our sense of traditional marriage; courtship is like the kama sutra; & procreation is key to family survival, key to everything.

Does he discuss sexual freedom unconstrained and its effect on the decline of traditional marriage, courtship, and procreation?

I was thinking about your syntactically interesting phrase 'sexual freedom unconstrained' just now as I contemplated some posts in the Game of Thrones WC thread. I had to find your post to see if you used the word family. Characterized by both the gothic family fetish and sexual freedom unconstrained, Westeros is a civilization with the family as its polestar & libidinous zeal common like dandelions. Marriage is crucial but not traditional in our sense of traditional marriage; courtship is like the kama sutra; & procreation is key to family survival, key to everything.

Martin deconstructs the family in every way possible, including all of the taboo tropes, bastardos everywhere, prisoners of war being raised in enemy families, familial diaspora, ritual killings, fratricide everywhere. The family members hate each other even more than they hate their enemies.

Martin deconstructs the family in every way possible, including all of the taboo tropes, bastardos everywhere, prisoners of war being raised in enemy families, familial diaspora, ritual killings, fratricide everywhere. The family members hate each other even more than they hate their enemies.

hm

Which one of you jerkwads has my thesaurus?

He sounds like a whacko. :screwy:

European History 101

European History 101

Of the peerage, at least.