• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

I don't post here often as I usually lurk. More so lately as I've had a piece that has had me tied up for a bit of time. Finally got it paid off and it has arrived. It's one of those pages that makes me think of the line from my friend Shane; sometimes you have to get it and work the money out afterwards. This was one of those pages to me, and I am appreciative of Mike Burkey for working with me on the deal. From 1980, the title page to the Roger Stern penned, Marie Severin penciled, and Steve Mitchell inked Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man story :"Wings of Fire, Wings of Fear". We find our hero captured and about to cremated by The Vulture and Malachi. Not sure I could ask for more of a title page.

Spectacular Spider Man 45 pg 1

I'd been looking for a nice 100 Bullets page by Eduardo Risso and found these two. I think they make a fine pair. loved this issue, which was very poetic and culminates in this splash.

First time I bought art Internationally and it was surprisingly quick and painless, though much thanks must go to the former owner.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1114800&GSub=155721

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1114799

Picked this up from the collection of Bill Banick. Thanks, Bill.

It's from the surprisingly good Atari Force series. Click the image and read about it.

RjhNIxAs_1904141201431.jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn

Ciao from Venice Italy! :hi:

Inspired by my trip, I just posted a vintage Milo Manara splash page from Genius #21 (1966), one of the earliest published works from this legendary Italian comic artist. I've provided an English translation in the CAF description, if interested.

TVpBJaCu_1701141402181.jpg

Click thumbnail for larger image

FYI, the Italian word for comics is fumetti (thumbs u

Ciao from Venice Italy! :hi:

Inspired by my trip, I just posted a vintage Milo Manara splash page from Genius #21 (1966), one of the earliest published works from this legendary Italian comic artist. I've provided an English translation in the CAF description, if interested.

TVpBJaCu_1701141402181.jpg

Click thumbnail for larger image

FYI, the Italian word for comics is fumetti (thumbs u

Gorgeous! Thanks for providing the translation.

I had a good time. I think there was less people there this year, but Easter weekend probly had a lot to do with that. Ive never been to Toronto, but I know there is no comparison between the Vancouver and the Toronto Fan Expo, Toronto's is much bigger and better all around.

We will see, just like yours, ours is not on the most desirable weekend this year, labour day weekend, but hope to show some commissions here. As well, they are sharing the weekend with Dragon Con. Last year the 2 major publishers Marvel and DC did not have a presence, I hope they appear this year.