• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

I think in my next big sale I'm going to try this tactic. If the thread don't sell out, no one gets anything. Sounds like a winner to me. :acclaim:
Can I threadcrap?

I love thread krapping, as long as you buy something. :baiting:

I think in my next big sale I'm going to try this tactic. If the thread don't sell out, no one gets anything. Sounds like a winner to me. :acclaim:
Can I threadcrap?

As long as the thread isn't a sellout, you have a deal. :grin:

Can I threadcrap?

As long as the thread isn't a sellout, you have a deal. :grin:
lol

the "all 20 must sell" thing does give me pause becuase its basically him saying "if I dont get rid of all of this stuff I dont want to have to give up the Stan Lee SS" which again makes it seem a little more like a raffle and less like a straight mystery box sale.

I took it to mean the exact opposite. How would the buyers feel if 19 boxes sold but the SS Stan Lee book was in the one that did not go out? The seller would be in a no win situation because nobody would believe that it was a random act.

the "all 20 must sell" thing does give me pause becuase its basically him saying "if I dont get rid of all of this stuff I dont want to have to give up the Stan Lee SS" which again makes it seem a little more like a raffle and less like a straight mystery box sale.

I took it to mean the exact opposite. How would the buyers feel if 19 boxes sold but the SS Stan Lee book was in the one that did not go out? The seller would be in a no win situation because nobody would believe that it was a random act.

That's how I interpreted it.

As a buyer, I would be pissed if 19 boxes sold and miraculously the last box that didn't sold had the Stan book.

Why Trust Me?

- I have 51 100% positive feedbacks and ebay as a trusted seller

- I have a high morale compass, I once found a man's wallet with $2000 dollars in it plus id and I gave it back to him once I found him

- I am a honest person and would never steal your items that you would send me because that would just be stupid I would never have your business again!

I'm just thinking of the scene in Dumb and Dumberer where they open the suit case. "its as good as money, they are IOUs" when the guy opens his wallet.

Why Trust Me?

- I have a high morale compass, I once found a man's wallet with $2000 dollars in it plus id and I gave it back to him once I found him

- I am a honest person and would never steal your items that you would send me because that would just be stupid I would never have your business again!

I'm just thinking of the scene in Dumb and Dumberer where they open the suit case. "its as good as money, they are IOUs" when the guy opens his wallet.

Some people! :facepalm: Do they really think we're dumber than them?

Why Trust Me?

lol

I saw that and was confused at who is really to blame. It sounded like the buyer at first but it may be the seller now.

It does sound like an issue I've seen before on here. Time expectancy. I may be in the middle of a deal that needs to be quickly responded to but the other person does not respond for a day or so.

Do we need to put time limits into our deals? Can others even work with them?

This is an example of why the number of people I deal with here are in single digits.

Float on...

You've got that right! (thumbs u

Sad that it has come to that. I understand why some people feel that way though.

I don't blame people for being risk-averse but my positive transaction experiences by far outweigh the negative. I've had some buyers flake out on payment, some sellers take weeks to ship, and there's the endless stream of extreme lowballers, but these are all fairly minor issues. This is still the best place to buy and sell, and I include LCS' and conventions in that statement.