• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

"The first quality we were looking for is that he had to be extremely complex and have a lot going on and what that does for me as an actor and for the studio, just gives us space that we can explore his complexities. The other quality is that the character we were looking for had to be well known but never brought to life. That does, again as an actor, is that it gives me a little bit of space and it just gives me a chance to put an imprint into his personality with the set of tools that I can bring to the table and put a very unique twist on his personality but still pay homage to who he is. The third thing and most important is that he had to be a badass mother***ker and on a Superman level of power where he could throw down.

"In those three qualities, I'm happy we've found that character and right now we're out to a lot of writers."

- Dwayne Johnson

hm

I can't stop thinking it is either Lobo or Black Adam. And on a wildcard-level, Shazam.

"The first quality we were looking for is that he had to be extremely complex and have a lot going on and what that does for me as an actor and for the studio, just gives us space that we can explore his complexities. The other quality is that the character we were looking for had to be well known but never brought to life. That does, again as an actor, is that it gives me a little bit of space and it just gives me a chance to put an imprint into his personality with the set of tools that I can bring to the table and put a very unique twist on his personality but still pay homage to who he is. The third thing and most important is that he had to be a badass mother***ker and on a Superman level of power where he could throw down.

"In those three qualities, I'm happy we've found that character and right now we're out to a lot of writers."

- Dwayne Johnson

hm

I can't stop thinking it is either Lobo or Black Adam. And on a wildcard-level, Shazam.

Darkseid.

(:

-slym

star studded cast of Batman vs Superman descends upon Detroit

A trinity of superheroes

Trinity. The name given to the world’s three most recognized comic book heroes of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. They are all appearing in the untitled Superman Batman movie. This next story continues the libretto for this new Superman universe, with Kal at the center of it. It’s still his perspective from which a story will be told (until mention of otherwise is made.) The first movie provided fun nods for the quick-eyed viewer. With all the Easter Eggs appearing in Man of Steel, the involvement of Bruce Wayne/ Batman is no surprise. But, Diana was a fantastic revelation. For the first time, the heroine will be in a feature film, standing proudly apace with her fellow superheroes.

Wonder Woman has not been successfully portrayed on screen since Lynda Carter flashed the bullet-deflecting bracelets. Even the smallest imaginative moment for the Amazon Princess in the next movie offers shockwaves of thrill. Actress Gal Gadot may not have as significant as a role equal with Superman and Batman, but it plows a path for her future cinematic storytelling.

With the cast making their way to Detroit this past week, and now there, it’s time to get excited again.This first movement of the principal cast of superheroes uniting in Detroit signals fans. Let’s get ready to ring this bell. Months of talking are building up to that one exciting moment, ready to match its energy against fandom’s expectations. This is the first significant shift in forward momentum admirers have been able to observe over the long pre-production waiting period since the film was announced last July. A mini-milestone for those who are enthusiastically observing the process, the superheroes have collected in Detroit. All key persons are present including Mark Twight (Gym Jones,) Michael Wilkinson (Costume Designer,) and new cast mate Tao Okamoto. Over the course of the following few weeks, more will arrive including lead antagonist Jesse Eisenberg.

Darkseid.

(:

I bet you are right.

:whee:

I have said it before, Lobo would fit his overall personality, "The Rock" could come out in Lobo... but he's done that before. Not as an SPB, but still.

So yeah. Darkseid.

-slym (would still love to see him pull off The Rock Bottom on Supes one time)

Hans Zimmer to score ‘Batman vs. Superman’

Hans Zimmer has become Mister Music for superhero movies for sure.

• The Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Man of Steel

• The Dark Knight Rises

• The Dark Knight

• Batman Begins

• Iron Man

• Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Most underrated Hans Zimmer soundtrack?

The Peacemaker

It's not from a comic movie, but boy traces of it shows up in Man of Steel for sure (even Batman Begins).

I always crank it up when I'm cruising through the Queen City on a busy traffic day. :headbang:

Has filming for BvS started

While not revealing anything major (though there has been some speculation as to who the blurry person is in the shot), Batman vs Superman cinematographer Larry Fong has tweeted the following image, perhaps signalling the start of shooting on the highly anticipated sequel.

BlSY3ZACQAANe2w.jpg

WHAT A TEASE!

:ohnoez:

The main two factors people complain about the movie are: the destruction levels and Zod’s death. Snyder & co can use these to their advantage in the sequel

1) Let Lex Luthor channel the critics

- Lex Luthor’s motivation for hating and mistrusting Superman can come from the way Metropolis was destroyed in the fight with Zod

- Some of the best villains are ones that can win you over to their way of thinking (e.g. Ozymandias), and Lex’s complaints are the same as a lot of the critics

2) Use it as character development for Clark to become a true ‘Superman’

- Clark ought to be haunted by memories of killing Zod (it would have been tough on him), while also feeling guilty about the way his own people killed so many…

- It should be emphasised that this happened because Superman is a raw and untrained hero – at the beginning of his journey. Use Batman as an example of a more experienced hero – whom Clark can learn a few things from.

- By the end of the film – we should be seeing a much more experienced Clark, who has learned from his mistakes in the first film – he has become more like the classic Superman, no longer feared, or hated, but loved.

Interesting suggestions. I wonder if Snyder will go down these paths.

the wait is killer but more surprise no leaked set photos have appeared online yet, if they have started filming already.

Batman vs Superman: Zack Snyder Describes Seeing the Trinity in costume :whee:

"The thing also that’s really fascinating for me is that, even just in the tests we’ve been doing, the costumes, right? You basically have Batman and Superman — and this is without Ben [Affleck] and Henry [Cavill] in the costumes, but just like the stand-ins, just testing to see what the costumes look like. And you have them standing there and they’re standing in the same shot — and then we have Wonder Woman, you know, all three of them in the same shot. Even just for a test, you really have to go, “Wow, that’s crazy!” Not only is it the first time that I’m seeing them, it’s the first time they’ve ever existed together on screen in a movie. And that’s kind of a huge deal. Even just Batman and Superman standing next to each other… t’s kind of epic. You do sort of sense the weight of the pop culture iconography jumping out of its skin when you’re standing there looking at the two of them and Wonder Woman. It’s crazy. But it’s fun. I mean, I have the first photo, I’ve got it in my archive because I was like, “Okay, I better keep this, it’s gonna be worth something,” [laughs]!"

Zack Snyder talks ‘Batman vs. Superman’, the Batsuit, and more

Forbes blogger Mark Hughes got some time with Zack Snyder to discuss the film and more.

HUGHES: The media and fans kind of treat it like there’s this harsh competitiveness between Marvel and DC to the point you’re trying to hurt each other’s films. But my feeling is — and I wrote an article for Forbes about it saying — that’s not really true. There’s a competitiveness, but everyone wins when there’s a successful film in the genre, and nobody wants to cause the other’s films to fail. Is that true?

SNYDER: I think that’s 100% true. Look, I’m a fan of the Marvel movies… and the thing that’s awesome is, we make a different movie. We have a different product than them, although they both exist in sort of the superhero world, which is great. I think that those are the opportunities. That’s what you get at the movies, you get a chance to go to all these different worlds. And I’m as interested in going to the Marvel Universe as anybody. So, I personally don’t think that there’s any, from my point of view, we definitely don’t have any animosity or anything of that nature. We’re all in this big business together, and we hope people are interested in the adventures that we put up on screen. And I do believe it’s infectious, and the next weekend you’re like, “You know what? Let’s go do that again, that was awesome. We saw a cool movie, maybe we’ll get another cool movie.”

A classy answer!

:applause: