• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

I won that one. Had a hard time passing up that price since I'm still in the market for 1-2 raw copies. I'm sure low feedback scared everyone away. Hopefully it shows up in good shape :)

When did you start collecting MD out of curiosity? and what drew you to the series?

I don't think anyone is arguing. Everyone knows the Ottley cover is small percentage of the regular cover. What no-one knows is exactly what that percentage is, and there are many theories.

:shrug:

-slym

Yeah, no arguing about how/when the Ottley was presented for sale, just that you cannot put an exact ratio on it -- like the seller in that auction did.

What I'm wondering is if this cover was truly meant to be a second option for the 1st issue -- not a ratio variant -- they should have made a good # of them, right And maybe the cover/art just wasn't ready in time for solicitations?

But then where are all of these copies at? For those that have been to some of the early cons this year, I'm guessing they're not at the Image booth and/or the artist's booth.

hm

I won that one. Had a hard time passing up that price since I'm still in the market for 1-2 raw copies. I'm sure low feedback scared everyone away. Hopefully it shows up in good shape :)

When did you start collecting MD out of curiosity? and what drew you to the series?

its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

-slym

I bought my first couple of #1's towards the middle/end of January. My room mate's brother is a collector and had picked it up and was blown away by the art, story, ect. I was really impressed after reading #1 and #2 as well. The story seemed pretty original to me, and I'm a sucker for historical fiction.

I had 4 #1 first prints, and 2 #1 Ottley variants when I joined the boards. I saw that a lot of people thought that it may continue to pick up steam, and since my last "speculator buy" had been a bust due to all my Sheltered #1's arriving dinged up, I thought why not and started buying quite a few more. I'm just hoping for 1 or 2 more 9.8 candidates before I send in a box for grading.

Just curious, why do you ask?

Edited by AntBrown

-slym

I...don't understand, lol

I bought my first couple of #1's towards the middle/end of January. My room mate's brother is a collector and had picked it up and was blown away by the art, story, ect. I was really impressed after reading #1 and #2 as well. The story seemed pretty original to me, and I'm a sucker for historical fiction.

I had 4 #1 first prints, and 2 #1 Ottley variants when I joined the boards. I saw that a lot of people thought that it may continue to pick up steam, and since my last "speculator buy" had been a bust due to all my Sheltered #1's arriving dinged up, I thought why not and started buying quite a few more. I'm just hoping for 1 or 2 more 9.8 candidates before I send in a box for grading.

Just curious, why do you ask?

I think you and I ordered Sheltered #1 from the same place. Nearly half of mine were dinged. The worst was East of West #1. I bought a bunch before they got hot and a bunch in December. Out of the first 60 pre-orders I bought, 30 (every other one literally) had about a half inch slice that ran through the entirety of the books except for the covers. Terrible luck. lol

-slym

Wait... are you trying to tell us that this Death Star fully operational ?

Yea, I was very surprised by it. I haven't been buying comics all that long, but I had never had any serious issues with damaged books before Sheltered. 22-25 of my 30 copies had pretty significant spine damage, maybe 1 9.8 candidate in the bunch :(

-slym

Wait... are you trying to tell us that this Death Star fully operational ?

Our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude!

:applause:

-slym

Hi all! I'm new to the boards but not new to comics. This series is my favorite of all books out right now. I remember seeing the first book in previews and I just had a feeling about it. Then when I saw the 2nd cover I knew for sure I was in on this and I wasn't disappointed! Writing and art are top notch.

My question is how are the prices for the OA? I have received a reply on the OA but was told the last pages and covers are sold. I sent in a few of the page #'s I would like but haven't herd back.(it's only been a few days and he was busy). I just want to know the average price for a decent page if possible. Thanks for any info!

Hi all! I'm new to the boards but not new to comics. This series is my favorite of all books out right now. I remember seeing the first book in previews and I just had a feeling about it. Then when I saw the 2nd cover I knew for sure I was in on this and I wasn't disappointed! Writing and art are top notch.

My question is how are the prices for the OA? I have received a reply on the OA but was told the last pages and covers are sold. I sent in a few of the page #'s I would like but haven't herd back.(it's only been a few days and he was busy). I just want to know the average price for a decent page if possible. Thanks for any info!

WTTB!

Someone may be able to help you out here, but this link may be of better use for you!

Good luck!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=48&page=1

I would contact Sideshow bob a board member, just search a few post back and you shold find him. He's the only one I've seen with MD artwork, I don't believe I've seen any of the MD artwork for sale, ANYWHERE.

WTTB!

Someone may be able to help you out here, but this link may be of better use for you!

Good luck!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=48&page=1

Thanks! I checked out the marketplace but nothing on M. Roberts or MD. I was just looking for a ballpark range on a page. That cover for #7 is very nice, Congrats to the one who snagged that baby!

Here's a question, What made any of you want to try this book before it was released? For me it was the alternative history aspect, the cool cover art and the Title. I preordered 5 copies of 1A and after it came out i ordered 2 copies of 1B. Ya I'm kicking myself for only ordering 2 but at least I got a few. What drew you all to the book?

It came out roughly the same time as A Voice in the Dark, Black Science, and Sex Criminals. I decided to give all of them a try and bought extras of all of them. All were pre-orders except for the Ottley. The cover of the regular #1 was creepy so I had to give it a shot.

WTTB !