• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

do you guys think scalped being optioned by "WGN America" makes it more or less likely to succeed?

I feel like the bigger guys are more likely to drop something once started, but they also are more likely to spend the money necessary to make something successful. It kind of cuts both ways.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any AMC original series "hits" before Walking Dead came along, so maybe lightning strikes?

Really? Mad Men, Breaking Bad.

Never watched either. That's why I said "off the top of my head"

Try getting your head out of your ?

Wow.

:popcorn:

-slym

Right!?

That was super bi-polar.

:o

do you guys think scalped being optioned by "WGN America" makes it more or less likely to succeed?

I feel like the bigger guys are more likely to drop something once started, but they also are more likely to spend the money necessary to make something successful. It kind of cuts both ways.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any AMC original series "hits" before Walking Dead came along, so maybe lightning strikes?

never watched breaking bad :o

Probably best show I've seen, just incredible.

I gotta check this show out; see how it stacks up to GoT (the best show I've ever seen hands down).

never watched breaking bad :o

Probably best show I've seen, just incredible.

I gotta check this show out; see how it stacks up to GoT (the best show I've ever seen hands down).

2 different styles of shows. As a former history teacher I loved both, but in different ways.

GoT is just a huge epic tale with a writer who isn't afraid to wipe out his characters. Which is part of the draw. You never know issue to issue who will survive. Since the books aren't even finished yet who knows where it might go.

It is very addictive and after Season 3 everyone who hadn't read the books were completely shocked at one point. (Everyone at work was talking about that much like Walking Dead every week.)

Breaking Bad is just a textbook how to write a riveting show about a believable person making choices to benefit his family after his death.(This was the premise at the beginning.) Any male with a family can easily relate to this guy. I could on another level as well because I used to be a teacher many years ago. He goes down the rabbit hole and he can just never get out no matter what he does. It had the best ending of a series I have ever seen I think.

The wife and I watched Breaking Bad on Netflix and were soooooo hooked. It was like every spare moment we had we tried to watch an episode. My life felt strange once we were finished and there were no more episodes to watch.

That's hilarious. I had DVR'ed the marthon on AMC around the holidays so me and my fiancee did the same thing. Once it was over, we weren't sure what else to watch....

Two lines in this interview stuck out to me:

He’s the most un X-Men X-Man that’s ever been in X-Men.

:facepalm:

and this gem:

I’m already working on the accent. It’s crappy at the moment.

Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw was bad. Channing "Magic Mike" Tatum as Gambit is horrid. The only thing that could top this would be casting The Rock as Apocalypse.

Breaking Bad is just a textbook how to write a riveting show about a believable person making choices to benefit his family after his death.(This was the premise at the beginning.) Any male with a family can easily relate to this guy. I could on another level as well because I used to be a teacher many years ago. He goes down the rabbit hole and he can just never get out no matter what he does. It had the best ending of a series I have ever seen I think.

It was a great ending. I think I've listened to Baby Blue by Badfinger 100 times since the show ended. lol

Here in Chicago the Graham Cracker's chain of stores already has that book on the wall for $25.

to be fair, most of their walls books are over priced by 25% compared to other shops