• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,726 posts in this topic

I was the winner of the previously mentioned #11. Bit of an ugly dust shadow, but this one has been eluding me for a long time so I'm happy to finally have one.

I thought the 16 was a good deal. It would have only been a small upgrade for me, so I dropped out of the bidding pretty early. I really wanted the 17 but it went for more than I was comfortable with. Did anyone here get it? Seems like the board swept most of the Planets up.

I thought you might go for the #11. Looks like we shared them out between us. Very glad you dropped out on the #16! It's not a favorite cover so I didn't want a nosebleed to get one.

I don't know who won the #17. I know it wasn't cheetah. It seems to blow up every time a high grade copy is listed. Mine is decent so I didn't chase it.

PlanetComics1765.jpg

Mine is decent so I didn't chase it.

PlanetComics1765.jpg

If/when you do upgrade Michael, I'll take a decent beautiful copy like that off your hands without hesitation.

Duly noted Steve. It does look a little nicer than the given grade.

Your copy is awesome! I recommend putting it up for auction, as I would dearly love it as well, and I know there are at least a couple others on these boards that would want it. :cloud9:

rivet planet's are about as good as it gets. well done, boys.

+1; just great stuff. Impressive run there, Michael.

Wouldn't mind seeing yours again Steve!

I never did see Billy's before he sold them.

I'll have to search for the individual scans, and even then likely will have to pull some of the issues and rescan them again.

Here's the group shot; the Planet 9 is a de-slabbed 8.5.

Planet1-10.jpg

Mine is decent so I didn't chase it.

PlanetComics1765.jpg

If/when you do upgrade Michael, I'll take a decent beautiful copy like that off your hands without hesitation.

Duly noted Steve. It does look a little nicer than the given grade.

Your copy is awesome! I recommend putting it up for auction, as I would dearly love it as well, and I know there are at least a couple others on these boards that would want it. :cloud9:

Can add me to the list who would want it.

It has an awesome coloration to the background reddish.

Such a wide range of colors to Planets. The 8.5 copy that just sold on Heritage has amazing colors, but yours is so dark in comparison.

Planet17comparison_zpsc55cabde.jpg

The color of the girl's tunic, the color of the ground , the color of her sandals, she has green hair in the 6.5 book. These print runs are vastly different.

My personal copy is of the same print run as the Heritage 8.5

This thread needed a bump

Last weekend we got together with some great boardies(Tyler & Josh) and we put this group shot together... enjoy my fellow fiction house addicts lol

20140301_140904_zpsjzm0epk3.jpg

that is awesome!

Last weekend we got together with some great boardies(Tyler & Josh) and we put this group shot together... enjoy my fellow fiction house addicts lol

Hoarders! :baiting:

It was fun seeing all those books together in one spot. We should have taken more pics! doh!

Hoarders! :baiting:

It was fun seeing all those books together in one spot. We should have taken more pics! doh!

Yes it was West I had great time listing to you talk shop (thumbs u

A friend of mine on the boards is a very talented artist. I spoke with him a while back about two Fiction House issues that seem to be difficult for me to purchase/locate. One was Fight 32. He agreed to make this art work of the cover to enjoy until I can locate a true copy of 32, but after looking at this art in hand I know I will enjoy it just as much as a true copy of Fight 32. It is a great piece to see and hold so I thought I would share it here for other FH lovers to enjoy also.

Ps if you have a copy of fight 32, post it also

image_zpsc2ed6fbb.jpg