• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sgt. Fury #1 Club
2 2

123 posts in this topic

Here's mine. Detached cover. Had this in the PGM thread

about a year back. Got an average 2.0.

Had this book for at least 30+ years!! A friend gave

it to me in high school. Knew I collected, he didn't.

Was in this condition when I got it. Not sure where

he ended up, but still got the book!!

:headbang:

sf1f_zps09d13974.jpg

sf1b_zpsf6be01a2.jpg

Here's my #1 I just sent to CGC for grading. Anyone want to guess the grade?

I'll post results when I recieve, probably some time in February. Face Front and show what ya got! Since #5 is so hot right now, maybe we should let all the Howlers post!

SgtFury1front002_zps1a52a1e5.jpg

SgtFury1back001_zpsf48d820e.jpg

Just got the book back today and thrilled with the grade, especially the PQ!

SgtFury1CGC40_zpsceafc6c3.jpg

Here's my #1 I just sent to CGC for grading. Anyone want to guess the grade?

I'll post results when I recieve, probably some time in February. Face Front and show what ya got! Since #5 is so hot right now, maybe we should let all the Howlers post!

SgtFury1front002_zps1a52a1e5.jpg

SgtFury1back001_zpsf48d820e.jpg

Just got the book back today and thrilled with the grade, especially the PQ!

SgtFury1CGC40_zpsceafc6c3.jpg

Congratulations on the grade :applause:

Edited by eeb03

As someone once said to me when I got a CGC 3.0 grade on my obviously 2.0 copy of Avengers #1: Don't ever, ever open that slab. (thumbs u

As someone once said to me. If you have nothing nice to say about something. Don't say anything at all. :facepalm:

It's ok, no offense taken. May have been a gift grade, but I'm stoked! :banana:

Here's mine! I'm In!

1sfksp.jpg

I sent this rough old girl to Joey and then off to CGC via a coupon submission. It was verified 4/8/14 , so hopefully I'll have results by the end of the month.Care to guess the grade? I'll post a scan of the slab when I get it. Maybe the comic gods will shine on me as they did Philreal! (thumbs u

Edited by supa-bad-mofo

Here's mine! I'm In!

1sfksp.jpg

I sent this rough old girl to Joey and then off to CGC via a coupon submission. It was verified 4/8/14 , so hopefully I'll have results by the end of the month.Care to guess the grade? I'll post a scan of the slab when I get it. Maybe the comic gods will shine on me as they did Philreal! (thumbs u

4.0 cream to off white

Don't forget that the numbers you are citing do not include CPR'd copies(and the cracked raw copies). The true number to some of these titles is significantly less. It is impossible to know the real number. My guess is there are only about 750 AF 15 universals out there.

You think 350 people have cracked out AF #15? :screwy: I cant believe it would be that high. I would guess alot of people would not crack out this book...due to the very high cost and value. I am sure there are some people who crack the cases on all there books, and doing it to a low dollar book...who cares. You crack an AF #15...you lose the set grade....hence the value. And alot of people are only going to buy really big books slabbed. Lets start a poll....lol. Who here has cracked out an AF #15? I would be shocked it you find more then 10 people on here who have. But I could be wrong.

I bought a CGC 5.5 AF15 in 2005, cracked it open and had it raw in my collection for 9 years. Recerted at 5.5 earlier this year and sold on the link. Cost me $460 to read at a whim for 9 years. Obviously I took a big risk being so eccentric but i just couldn't resist such a great book. Sadly I am looking to buy property so I couldn't resist moving it during this latest surge either.

Here's mine! I'm In!

1sfksp.jpg

:wishluck:

Here's mine! I'm In!

1sfksp.jpg

:wishluck:

Well...I feel they did shine on me...just not quite a brightly as they did on you, Philreal!!! Still VERY happy with the grade!! Higher than I expected!!! Here she is...no longer raw...but in a shiny new case!!!

ieqhqt.jpg