• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,839 posts in this topic

Great stuff!

Ok, I just snagged this in the CC auction. Anyone here win the Mask #2? I was also interested in a few of the Suspense Comics issues. Hope they went to a boardie!

mas2.20a.jpg

Don't you just love that cover,has something magical about it.Great pickup!

Great stuff!

Ok, I just snagged this in the CC auction. Anyone here win the Mask #2? I was also interested in a few of the Suspense Comics issues. Hope they went to a boardie!

mas2.20a.jpg

Congrats Jamie! Nice addition to your collection.

Thanks! This just arrived yesterday! Couldn't be happier with it. I know the pg quality isn't ideal, but I'm psyched for what I paid for it. The #2 in this auction in similar grade went around $1500, and look at what the #1 is getting in the current CL auction:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3F_SORT%3DYES%26Focused%3D1%26f1%3Da%2EMaxBid%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di%2ETitle%252C%2Bi%2EIssueNumber%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Da%2ENoofbids%26ODire3%3DDESC%23Item_1007097&id=1007097

Good luck to all bidders, I'm happy with my copy! There's also a killer Suspense #8 in this auction. I've got my eyes on another low key book instead....

This thread needed a bump, so here's all the unpublished Cole covers that I know of.

Does anyone know of any others?

The first 2 are mine, the last 3 I wish were mine (especially the Weird JungleTales :cloud9:).

This cover was later used on True to Life Romances 5.

fr4_zps43b27e36.jpg

sdc_zps21fe8bb2.jpg

gas3_zpsf9a73e9a.jpg

weird_zpsacc29d1a.jpg

sh2_zps81eeea83.jpg

Those are fantastic. I've seen them all before except the Wierd Jungle Tales! Very cool!!!

I actually owe this thread a bunch of images. I just snagged a Confessions of Love #5 (VG-) and that completes my run!

Those are fantastic. I've seen them all before except the Wierd Jungle Tales! Very cool!!!

I actually owe this thread a bunch of images. I just snagged a Confessions of Love #5 (VG-) and that completes my run!

Congrats on completing a run!!!