• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,275 posts in this topic

Remember..... just because Blazing Bob can't hit shows for awhile..... he DOES still have www.highgradecomics.com that is chock full of goodies both raw and slabbed.... so help a brother out and buy some books. For those who don't already know .....Bob won the recent Cheetah "grade the grader" study..... which basically means his raw book is almost always going to be a pleasant surprise..... and contrary to popular belief, he is NOT a silver and bronze only dealer..... he has LOADS of 40's and 50's books. I just put my money where my mouth is and purchased the following 2 books. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

MYSTIC 23 (fine)

MYSTIC23fineplus.jpg

MYSTIC 25 (fine plus)

MYSTIC25.jpg

Two excellent Heath covers - congrats Jim, interested to hear your feedback on the interior also.

NIce, looks much better than a 4.0 also! Glossy, good PQ - Big Congrats.

Thanks. And this offering is for you. Not as nice as yours, but a presentable copy with great eye appeal. I didn't think I'd ever get my greasy mitts on one of these!

20140416_195514768x1024_zps41cd61a1.jpg

Boom! Beautiful, love the Spokane date stamp too! Uhh White Pages also, wow, very, very nice.

Thanks!!! The purple on the zombie and the deep blue's really pop on this one. Previous highest grade was a (7.0). I feel very lucky to have it.

Wow! Stunning books in here!

I just picked up my very first Atlas title. I know it isn't on the same level but wanted to show it off anyway.

img138.jpg

Watch out! Once bitten by the Atlas bug you will become addicted! :insane:

Nice Everett cover to start with!

And of course those Spokanes are just too awesome! :cloud9:

...... yeah they are. Something about an Atlas book in that nice a grade...... congrats, Hemi......

....... and the AIWW 13 is such a bizarre cover.... and with a 7 page Jerry Robinson story to boot..... cool book. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Atlas in high grade always amazes me because too often we are used to seeing that low to mid grade copy and occasionally a FN+-VF+ the truly high grade almost looks like a different book from a different planet and they are always a pleasure to see.

I just picked up my very first Atlas title. I know it isn't on the same level but wanted to show it off anyway.

img138.jpg

Spoken like a true addict. :baiting:

I love seeing these hi-grade Atlas books. It's really too bad there isn't more of these to go around.

img138.jpg

Spoken like a true addict. :baiting:

I love seeing these hi-grade Atlas books. It's really too bad there isn't more of these to go around.

(tsk) That's what makes Atlas a different animal and more interesting IMHO. The high-grade are true freaks of nature - they shouldn't be here 60 years later in that condition, but just a select few are and they are real wonders, true rarities.

If there were lots of 9.0's of each issue floating around there would be no mystique - nothing to separate Atlas PCH from the other PCH publishers with their file copies and numerous NM copies.