• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

Re: The Joe Q/McFarlane 9/11 firefighter illustration

I'm pretty sure it's on Joe Quesada's wall. If I remember correctly he or his wife bought it off at the benefit art auction that followed the tribute book.

I know... disappointing ( wish it was on my wall too ).

I'm pretty sure it's on Joe Quesada's wall. If I remember correctly he or his wife bought it off at the benefit art auction that followed the tribute book.

Oh man. I think that's bad form for an artist to buy his own piece at a benefit auction... I remember it selling for under 5k but I couldn't get set up in time. It's one of my favorite pieces by either artist. One of the best ink jobs Todd ever did, IMO.

Edited by KingKoa

Oh man. I think that's bad form for an artist to buy his own piece at a benefit auction... I remember it selling for under 5k but I couldn't get set up in time. It's one of my favorite pieces by either artist. One of the best ink jobs Todd ever did, IMO.

Really? He bid the highest. If he didn't bid the beneficiary's of the auction would have received less money. I have zero problem with what he did.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure it's the case, but I do seem to recall Joe Q mentioning this years ago on newsarama. Probably not too hard to confirm if someone can ask him at a con.

As for Joe Q buying his own piece, I'm fairly certain he mainly wanted it for the McFarlane inks. Hey, it's not every day that you can get Todd to ink your stuff so I totally get where Joe Q was coming from ( It prob didn't hurt either that it was Todd's best inking job since his Spidey heydays ).

Also, 5K wasn't cheap for a piece in 2001 or 02.

I'd love to find the original art for Marvel's 1991 Annual Report, Marvel's first ever annual report after going public. I believe the cover artist was Alex Saviuk.

926315.jpg

If anyone knows where this art is, please PM me. Thanks!

Dino

Alex still owns a ton of his OA

If anyone knows where I could find any one of these four Jerry Bingham covers done during the Millenium crossover in 1988, please let me know. Jerry says he sold them long ago...definitely a finders' fee if I can get any one of them!

The Spectre #10

Detective #582

Suicide Squad #9

Captain Atom #11

Thanks!

Bob

image_zps24ba1de9.jpg

If anyone knows where I could find any one of these four Jerry Bingham covers done during the Millenium crossover in 1988, please let me know. Jerry says he sold them long ago...definitely a finders' fee if I can get any one of them!

The Spectre #10

Detective #582

Suicide Squad #9

Captain Atom #11

Thanks!

Bob

If they do show up for sale your going to have to fight me for them! :slapfight:

Anyone know where this Ben Templesmith Hellspawn cover is?

It was available a while back on CAF, but I balked and it sold. I've tried reaching out to the seller to see if he would put me in touch with the buyer, but no luck.

STP83389.JPG

Don, I used to own the cover to Flash #266 but sold it many years ago and no longer know who owns it…shouldn't have done it but Flash without his boots bugged me a bit doh!

The Flash #275 cover was sold roughly 10 years ago to a collector that considered it his favorite cover…from a collector who also coveted it. It sold for quite a premium back then and I believe he's still very content to keep it. Not much help but it does exist and next time I run into the owner I can ask if he's still attached :wishluck:

Best regards,

Will Gabri-El

www.ComicArtPage.com

Really? He bid the highest. If he didn't bid the beneficiary's of the auction would have received less money. I have zero problem with what he did.

I respect your opinion but I think If you are donating an item for auction I think it's bad form to "win" it.

I respect your opinion but I think If you are donating an item for auction I think it's bad form to "win" it.

I'm with LB, it doesn't matter who donates it, whoever bids the highest should win it, and the charity benefits. It's only a problem if the auction is "rigged" and someone was allowed to win something for way less than it should have gone for (e.g. by not allowing others to bid).

I don't sees problem with someone giving something away and paying market value to get it back.

Malvin