• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Infinity Gauntlet (War, Crusade, Thanos Quest) Appreciation Thread

1,122 posts in this topic

Infinity Gauntlet Story Line??? Finally I have a 9.8 of something promising!!! :banana:

(I don't even have a 9.8 of the WD #1) :sorry:lol

It's most definitely coming. All the infinity gems making their appearance from movie to move.

Avengers 3 may end up being called Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet, or possibly an Infinity Gauntlet 3 part movie on its own.

Infinity Gauntlet Story Line??? Finally I have a 9.8 of something promising!!! :banana:

It's most definitely coming. All the infinity gems making their appearance from movie to move.

Avengers 3 may end up being called Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet, or possibly an Infinity Gauntlet 3 part movie on its own.

Yes!! BTW What movies actually showed the gems? Other than at the end of "insert movie here that I forgot" where Thanos said something like 2 down 3 to go?

Yes!! BTW What movies actually showed the gems? Other than at the end of "insert movie here that I forgot" where Thanos said something like 2 down 3 to go?

The Cosmic Cube (Tesseract) is 1.

The Red stuff (Aether) in Thor 2 is 2.

Odin has the Tesseract guarded and doesn't want both 'Infinity Stones' stored together.

The Collector says 1 down, 5 to go at the end of Thor 2 post credit scene.

It would seem that Thanos will get some of them from The Collector.

I absolutely love all things Infinity Gauntlet...Thanos, etc.

That said...you all know that where ever Marvel is taking the Thanos storyline, that there is zero chance of it being very close to the actual mini series...right?

I feel like some people are in for quite a disappointment if they are hoping to see a faithful adaptation, of IG on the big screen. (shrug)

#1 has made it to "the wall" at my LCS :o

I was digging through some bins at my LCS, and they had 2 VF issue #1 copies each marked at $10... I almost started laughing. Then I go online and check completed sales and $10 is almost a deal! Crazy how much this book has gone up in value!

That said...you all know that where ever Marvel is taking the Thanos storyline, that there is zero chance of it being very close to the actual mini series...right?

I feel like some people are in for quite a disappointment if they are hoping to see a faithful adaptation, of IG on the big screen. (shrug)

Intriuged by your post, tell me more pls.

My theory:

I don't think he will ever complete the gauntlet on film. I think it will be a series of events in which he uses (or attempts to use) the individual stones to bring many heroes together against him. He will be portrayed as pure evil who must be stopped from his ultimate goal before it is too late. They succeed in stopping him. World is saved.... for now...

The power of the completed gauntlet would be rather difficult to capture on film.

The Cosmic Cube (Tesseract) is 1.

The Red stuff (Aether) in Thor 2 is 2.

Odin has the Tesseract guarded and doesn't want both 'Infinity Stones' stored together.

The Collector says 1 down, 5 to go at the end of Thor 2 post credit scene.

It would seem that Thanos will get some of them from The Collector.

Thank you for that. But I have not seen Thor 2 yet. But I know there was another movie where the end credits scene mentioned the stones. Someone help me here.

My theory:

I don't think he will ever complete the gauntlet on film. I think it will be a series of events in which he uses (or attempts to use) the individual stones to bring many heroes together against him. He will be portrayed as pure evil who must be stopped from his ultimate goal before it is too late. They succeed in stopping him. World is saved.... for now...

The power of the completed gauntlet would be rather difficult to capture on film.

But the idea of half the population of the universe disappearing suddenly would be cool on film.

Also I don't think Death will be part of the story line at all.

My theory:

But the idea of half the population of the universe disappearing suddenly would be cool on film.

I agree that it would be cool but as far as the films go, they have a long way to go in terms of establishing an expansive, populated universe in which an audience can understand and feel bad for. Killing half half of almost nothing, is almost nothing. GotG will help expand the universe.

If Thanos isn't motivated by Death, I will be really disappointed.

My theory:

Lots of people said the same thing about Thor and Asgard, but that turned out pretty well.

If Thanos isn't motivated by Death, I will be really disappointed.

It's something I just don't think the general public would get. Most people have a hard time grasping Nihilism, and that's pretty much the basis behind Thanos and his relationship with death.

I would love it if they did, I just don't think it would sell well to the general public who we all know are rather insipid.

My theory:

+1, unfortunately I feel the same. Death would be a tough fit for a Marvel movie. But a guy can dream :wishluck:

The death angle will be at best, barely touched on. No way they actually have a "Mistress Death" character that plays any significant role.

I agree with Mangbus, I can see them doing a "we need to do whatever we have to do to stop Thanos from collecting all the stones", kind of story....likely ending with a hero sacrificing himself to save the day (and fulfill his contract). There will never actually be a "Thanos with the gauntlet controlling the universe part of the movie". I think for a couple of reasons.

1. It would be very difficult to FAITHFULLY translate the original story to a film, and a HUGE risk for Marvel to try to adapt it, as written.

2. It would be impossible to tell that specific story, with the current bullpen of heroes in the cinematic universe.

-No Surfer

-No Galactus, Eternity, Celestials (all the cosmic badasses...)

-No Warlock (though I concede he COULD be introduced in GOTG)

- No Mephisto

Now, I suppose they could try to shoehorn a bunch of these characters in (at least the one's that they have the rights to)...but thus far, that has not been the Marvel way. (shrug)

I think no matter what, we get a water down, slightly generic version of the story. Hopefully the execution is good enough that it will not matter, to us nerds that love it so dearly.

MY 2c

I'm bored at work and I figure it should go here:

The GotG film is built around a team of 'loners' who team up to fulfill a mission (most likely ongoing.) In the trailer, 3rd party characters say "they call themselves the guardians of the galaxy." This implies that the team believes they are guarding the galaxy from something. My guess is that this thing is Thanos (or one of stones he is after - aka that little orb thing from the trailer.)