• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

Then they're wrong, as I looked it up in the books themselves (they have a weekly list) and DD was out before Hulk.

Actually the dates on my site ARE correct AND are backed up by years of actual research.

onsaledates.jpg

Edited by DCIndexer

But the key question is which one came out first? Might have to consult some Might Marvel Checklists for that.

Yeah, wouldnt it be funny if Daredevil came out after hulk 181 and one of the other books is the real " Pre- hulk 181" book. haha.

Honestly, this could get confusing. The ad shows Hulk 181 as releasing July 30th. Does that mean it was one of the last November cover dated books that came out in July or were November Dated books released in August and the fist wave just happened to hit on July 30th? hmm.

Online U.S. Copyright records only go back to 1978:

So you would have to arrange an in-office search. :)

Actually, copyright records dating back to 1891 are available online.

Copyright records 1974

Relevant Daredevil and Hulk entries. Notice both titles show the same day for the Nov. cover dated releases.

copyrights.jpg

Keep in mind that Marvel's copyright recording dates for this period are often 3 to 4 weeks earlier than actual "release" dates. However, the order of releases is consistent. Daredevil and Hulk came out the same day.

Edited by DCIndexer

I am totally impressed - great work! ;):applause:

(Considering your screen name, I defer to your excellence (thumbs u )

Although, it would be more polite to drop the "Also . . . "

Then they're wrong, as I looked it up in the books themselves (they have a weekly list) and DD was out before Hulk.

Actually the dates on my site ARE correct AND are backed up by years of actual research.

onsaledates.jpg

But the key question is which one came out first? Might have to consult some Might Marvel Checklists for that.

Yeah, wouldnt it be funny if Daredevil came out after hulk 181 and one of the other books is the real " Pre- hulk 181" book. haha.

Honestly, this could get confusing. The ad shows Hulk 181 as releasing July 30th. Does that mean it was one of the last November cover dated books that came out in July or were November Dated books released in August and the fist wave just happened to hit on July 30th? hmm.

Online U.S. Copyright records only go back to 1978:

So you would have to arrange an in-office search. :)

Actually, copyright records dating back to 1891 are available online.

Copyright records 1974

Relevant Daredevil and Hulk entries. Notice both titles show the same day for the Nov. cover dated releases.

copyrights.jpg

Keep in mind that Marvel's copyright recording dates for this period are often 3 to 4 weeks earlier than actual "release" dates. However, the order of releases is consistent. Daredevil and Hulk came out the same day.

Wait for it.... :popcorn:

I've know it since the books came out but tell CGC, they call it a "tie"

But they don't mean it came out the same day.

Since comics have almost universally (there are exceptions, of course) been dated month and year only, in that respect, it *is* a tie: Spidey #252, MTU #141, and Spect #90 all have a May, 1984 cover date.

Of course, anyone with sense will realize that #252 came out before the other two, or the surprise would have been spoiled (plus, MTU #141 would have confused the market.)

I've know it since the books came out but tell CGC, they call it a "tie"

But they don't mean it came out the same day.

Since comics have almost universally (there are exceptions, of course) been dated month and year only, in that respect, it *is* a tie: Spidey #252, MTU #141, and Spect #90 all have a May, 1984 cover date.

Of course, anyone with sense will realize that #252 came out before the other two, or the surprise would have been spoiled (plus, MTU #141 would have confused the market.)

Seeing that 99.9% of collectors regard ASM 252 as the 1st black costume, and the "tie notation" label is fairly recent, it makes me wonder if someone at CGC is sitting on a case of MTU 141 hm

What's really special is when someone who lives to show off how much they know and demean people AND MAKE IT A POINT TO DEMEAN PEOPLE WHENEVER POSSIBLE, don't have the effing stones to come back and admit they were wrong when the actual facts come to light hm

...just sayin'

What's really special is when someone who lives to show off how much they know and demean people AND MAKE IT A POINT TO DEMEAN PEOPLE WHENEVER POSSIBLE, don't have the effing stones to come back and admit they were wrong when the actual facts come to light hm

...just sayin'

What are you, kidding me?! ;) You know someone will be back! lol

Then something is wrong and I screwed up with the data, as the listings I have show DD historically coming out a week ahead of the Hulk. Was 181 as anomaly and came out a week early or something?