• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I wouldn't sell him the time of day. :whatev:

Cool books rules all.

You have mixed the plural "books" with the singular "rules". It should read "Cool books rule all" or..."A cool book rules all." (tsk)

He meant

"Cool Books"™ rules all.

It's a singular trademarked idea.

You know, I was pondering that very possibility of "cool books" being a singular concept, which would, naturally, require the singular "rules". hm

I was being folksy (shrug)

I have never had to do this before but I feel I have no choice but to put up Jaster-Mareel for the Probation List. The reason I hesitated is because it is over books valued at less than 20 cents a piece but I feel it is necessary because of principal and because it happened to someone else as well in the same thread. That person is missing books and not having PM's returned after being read as well.

Jaster-Mareel had a Pre-Sci Fi Expo Thread that featured dollar books or groups of books at cheap prices. I bought a lot of books on the thread that totaled 197 books at a cost of $148. As you can tell by the thread link, I went to the trouble of making it easier for the seller by listing everything I purchased and the price.

Sales Thread

On 02/02/14 10:07 PM I received a pm with the total. Within 15 minutes, full payment was sent via PayPal.

On 02/21/14 at 4:49 PM, I sent a pm asking about the status of the books. I was told he was out of town and would have his girlfriend ship it out.

On 03/06/14 at 6:50 PM, I sent a pm asking about the status and/or tracking number. I was told that it went out later than expected. No sorry, no excuses, but whatever, at least it was on the way.

On 03/11/14 at 5:51 PM, I received a message saying to let him know what issues of Stormwatch were missing because he grabbed the wrong stack and would send them right out to me. That did not bother me because with that big of a lot, mistakes happen.

On 03/12/14 at 06:00 PM, I received the package and typed him the numbers of the 14 issues that were missing and asked if that matched his records. PM read, never received a response.

On 04/09/14 05:20 AM, I sent a pm asking if he was going to send the missing books. PM read, and I still have not received the books or a response.

I am very easy to deal with and very patient as long as there is communication. Since there is a severe lack of communication and missing books, I am submitting him to the probation list.

Nomination: lolocopter

Reason: Purchased 3 TWD raw books from me on March 13, said had to wait 2 days for funding to clear. After 7 days messaged him and said if you send in the next 2 days can ship out on weekend when I go. He read the message within an hour of sending no response. A week later offered the same, once again read and no response.

He has been sent a totally new pm stating he is being nominated.

I have never had to do this before but I feel I have no choice but to put up Jaster-Mareel for the Probation List. The reason I hesitated is because it is over books valued at less than 20 cents a piece but I feel it is necessary because of principal and because it happened to someone else as well in the same thread. That person is missing books and not having PM's returned after being read as well.

Jaster-Mareel had a Pre-Sci Fi Expo Thread that featured dollar books or groups of books at cheap prices. I bought a lot of books on the thread that totaled 197 books at a cost of $148. As you can tell by the thread link, I went to the trouble of making it easier for the seller by listing everything I purchased and the price.

Sales Thread

On 02/02/14 10:07 PM I received a pm with the total. Within 15 minutes, full payment was sent via PayPal.

On 02/21/14 at 4:49 PM, I sent a pm asking about the status of the books. I was told he was out of town and would have his girlfriend ship it out.

On 03/06/14 at 6:50 PM, I sent a pm asking about the status and/or tracking number. I was told that it went out later than expected. No sorry, no excuses, but whatever, at least it was on the way.

On 03/11/14 at 5:51 PM, I received a message saying to let him know what issues of Stormwatch were missing because he grabbed the wrong stack and would send them right out to me. That did not bother me because with that big of a lot, mistakes happen.

On 03/12/14 at 06:00 PM, I received the package and typed him the numbers of the 14 issues that were missing and asked if that matched his records. PM read, never received a response.

On 04/09/14 05:20 AM, I sent a pm asking if he was going to send the missing books. PM read, and I still have not received the books or a response.

I am very easy to deal with and very patient as long as there is communication. Since there is a severe lack of communication and missing books, I am submitting him to the probation list.

I'm in pretty much the same boat.

02/16/14 I send a PM to ask for an invoice, because the thread had closed on 02/03/14 and I had not yet received an invoice.

02/19/14 Received response that he had been busy and gave me an invoice, which I paid within the hour, and immediately notified him of the payment.

03/09/14 Almost three weeks later, after no response, I asked for a shipping update.

03/11/14 Received tracking number.

03/15/14 Received the box, but was missing a Bloodstrike lot (Bloodstrike 1-17, 19-21, 25 $5), of which I notified jaster-mereel that same day.

03/17/14 Got a response, saying he would check it out and send it.

03/26/14 Asked for an update.

03/27/14 Was told he found the lot and they were on the way as of yesterday.

04/09/14 Asked for tracking number. Message read, but no response.

And that's my story.

I know, it's only $5, and I have no complaints about the condition, packaging, or price of the comics I did receive (I think over 100 total at just over a buck each or something..) Communication and speed leave much to desire, however. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. (shrug)

No issue with the nomination, just need to know when you sent him a separate PM informing him he will be nominated to the PL and if the 72 hours have elapsed. Thanks!

Separate PM sent today so this will be the beginning of the 72 hours.

I agree with ombit. Condition and packaging was excellent. The lack of communication is my biggest gripe. I could understand if I was a needy buyer but my PM's were weeks apart and very friendly. (shrug)

Reason: Purchased 3 TWD raw books from me on March 13, said had to wait 2 days for funding to clear. After 7 days messaged him and said if you send in the next 2 days can ship out on weekend when I go. He read the message within an hour of sending no response. A week later offered the same, once again read and no response.

If someone would be kind enough to update the list.

So what's up with my Grandmaster619 nomination for taking my money, not sending me anything, ignoring all of my messages to him, and my having to file a PP dispute to get my $550 back? (shrug)

If someone would be kind enough to update the list.

When was the new PM sent?

Toast. I just dug out your nomination. When I get back into the office I'll add grandmaster as well as add you to the tmj nomination. I know its been over a month since your nomination but could you please clarify that you had pmed each of them seperetly informing them of their nomination and when you did it. Thanks!

Ok so both issues were dealt with and we don't need to add him to the PL. Great, glad you were made whole. Sorry for the issues you had to go through to get there though.